Rare chance I'm pregnant but I think I see a line

Sparky Mum

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm an egg donor (UK), I donated eggs for the second time to the same couple (USA) on the 30th July. I had to have my copper coil / IUD removed a week prior to the procedure. During this times we dtd once and used a condom. The eggs were retrieved with no issues (not contaminated/fertilised). They only saw 5 on my scans leading up to the donation but they got 6 which is like a whole carton right?

My period was due a few days ago, it's late. I was expecting my body to do a bit of a funky reset this cycle due to all the fertility and ovulation control treatments.

We dtd twice after the donation, but one time the condom came off part way through which we noticed and sorted out. We haven't used them in a good 15 years as I've always been on a longer term birth control method.

Logically speaking, they should have got all of my eggs, however if they missed an entire follicle on the many intrusive scans then it's entirely possible they missed another hidden away, she did say she was struggling to get a good angle for my left side. ‍♀️

As the week and over has gone by, I thought my symptoms would fade as the fertility meds left my system, sore breasts, acne, leg cramps etc (I get super restless legs during all of my pregnancies from day 1)

It's entirely possible my cycle has been thrown but I wasn't sure what pain relief I could take in case I *was* pregnant. I took a test so we didn't have to worry and wonder but it didn't help lol.

I think it could be a shadow line but I have never had one before. Can someone tell me either way what they think please? I'll be retesting in a few days either way to be sure. Pic isn't as clear irl but they never are tbh!

Thanks everyone x

EDIT:
Different brand of early one and a digi. Faint line on the early again but not as dark as the last one and digi says negative. If still no period another 3 days late i'll take the other two tests again (i got multipacks) Two new pics added x

20200808_103910.jpg imgonline-com-ua-Negative-z3kqPzBWdFnxbc.jpg 20200808_134106.jpg 20200808_133923.jpg

Last edited:
Looks positive to me but did they put you on any form of medication that could trigger a false result?

Looks positive to me but did they put you on any form of medication that could trigger a false result?
Thanks for your reply, not that I'm aware of. One injection stopped me ovulating, one made me produce eggs like crazy and then the final one-off one was to trigger ovulation 36 hours before the procedure.

Different brand of early one and a digi. Faint line on the early again but not as dark as the last one and digi says negative. If still no period another 3 days late i'll take the other two tests again (i got multipacks)

20200808_133923.jpg 20200808_134106.jpg

What digi are you using, is it the weeks indicator one? The weeks indicator one is a lot more sensitive then the normal one, it picks up hcg of 15miu whereas the normal one I think is 50, I do see faint lines on the other tests x

There was no early detection digi that's why I got both.

I got a total negative this morning!
:bfn:
Had to throw it out before getting a pic because my daughter was in close proximity!

I spoke to the clinic and they said my period would be pushed back to 14 days after the donation roughly (14th August) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back