Rant

Ellsbells

Reaction score
So I don't even know where too start.. I've been having these cramp type pains in my left leg and left bum cheek, only at night and when I'm led down and try and get back up, I also get random pains in my groin.

So to rule out any issues, I saw my GP this morning who told me that it's fairly normal due to relaxins and hormones in the body that we're not used too.

She then proceeded to tell me that my thyroid levels are very low and had I been informed of this?... To which I answered, absolute not! So since my 12 week scan I've been on the wrong dose of Thyroxine. This did more than ruffle my feathers, I hadn't even been told of this! Useless :wall2:

So, I spoke to my midwife who referred me to book an appt at the Antenatal Ward at the hospital so they can give me a once over, listen to babies heartbeat and make sure he's okay and then do some more bloods to check the correct dose I should be on.

All in all, baby was fine, placenta was quite central and at the front of my abdomen (which explains why I'm not getting a lot of movement) and heartbeat ticking away as normal which put my mind at ease, no scan was given due to my 20 week anomaly being on the 31st May, which I wasn't too bothered about! As long as I could heartbeat!

Blood levels came back too low, so they've put me up! and will test me again on my 20 week scan.

I've just ordered an Angel Sounds fetal doppler on Amazon so when I feel on edge in the future, I can have a listen to reassure me!

This resulted a day off work though, grrrrrrr :mad:

Anyway, RANT OVER

Hi hope your ok sounds like you had a worrying day - hope your relaxing now. Xx

Awk Ells thats rubbish! Their communication is atrocious! Hopefully change of dose and that makes a difference. Hope youre resting well and a doppler soubds like a good idea, i was thinking of getting one but id just stress myself out if i couldn't find hb!

Honestly I was freaking out so much! The hospital and midwives there were fab & I couldn't ask for any more of them! But the GP's were shite! Hopefully that'll be my last hospital visit before this baby!

Haha yeah, I know what you mean Maaaaac, my OH doesn't think it's a good idea just in case I don't pick up the HB and get myself in a worry again but hopefully I'll prove him wrong ;) haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back