Rant

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
My OH has got no faith in what I do whatsoever! He seems to think every little noise means something is seriously wrong with Tyler!

When I was pregnant I asked him to read my books, he refused. When I'd talk about having the baby and little facts about babies that might be relevant he wouldn't listen and today he made a comment about me not knowing everything to which I had to point out that I spend my day on here and google learning everything I can (not saying because of that I know everything just proving I put more effort in wanting to know!)

Tyler just threw a major tantrum which is very rare for him really he's a very placid baby. Anyway we'd just got him out the bath and as I dried him he started screaming. So I was giving him cuddles in his towel, still screaming, offered him boob, still screaming, OH took him off me, still screaming. At this point I had to tell him that we need to get him dressed so that he's not cold so I put him in a vest (still screaming lol) and offered him boob again which he took but kept pulling off to cry. Next to me OH was huffing and puffing telling me the babies ill, something's wrong with him etc generally winding me up, then sits there going 'why is he crying so much' head in hands tutting and shaking his head! Id had enough at this point and took Tyler into our dark quiet calm bedroom and he chilled right out! Problem solved!

He just really winds me up with his panicking all the time! I'm a firm believer in a calm atmosphere creates a calm child but he just seems to constantly overstimulate or gets really fretful which helps noone! I feel bad saying anything as he says I tell him what to do enough (but if I didn't I'd have to do EVERYTHING for the baby)

Don't get ms wrong this is a rant he has been amazing in other ways waiting on me hand and foot cooking all my meals doing the washing up etc!!

Thats my OH down to a T.

I too, tried 2 keep things calm, coz I do believe its good for LO, but OH has me stressing, rushing him to get changed & bath ect, I would rather he cried & I took the time to do things properly, rather than rush him & distress him further. OH always asks, whats wrong with him, he says it constantly you'd think he'd know after having 2 babies that sometimes they just cry for no reason whatsoever.He just literally cant stand the crying. He says it feels like an urgency & it annoys him that i'm not as urgent.

:roll:

It's the male logic - listening to the crying annoys them (obviously - baby cries grate on the nerves) and they can't solve the problem in order to shut the baby up and they don't like it one bit. My o/h is the same - useless! Only difference is he does very little to help me at all in other ways :(

My friend have decided we get baby blues and they turn into a dick lol :hug:

Tbh girls I feel a lot better today! Think it was tiredness more than anything! His constant 'the baby is I'll does annoy me still tho :)

My oh isn't as bad now as he was with Ethan still doesn't like Rhea crying if he can't sort it out, even if he knows what's wrong !! She tends to fight sleep late in the day so gets over tired ! I'm a firm believer in no one knows your baby better than u not even the dads so I would just block him out when he moans !!! Xxx

My OH is the same, even over a year on! Every little whinge means we must call NHS Direct in case it's some deadly disease, every spot might be meningitis, every pull at her ear means she's got earache and must have a fever...etc etc.
I don't want to make these horrible things sound trivial, but seriously, I just want him to have some common sense sometimes!
It's a good job I'm not too much of a worrier and can talk him out of ringing and ambulance otherwise I think we'd be at A+E for every cough!

However having said that, in a way I'm glad he would be confident enough to get help if necessary - I sometimes think I could be a little too relaxed and *if* something was wrong I don't know if I'd 'panic' quickly enough if that makes sense?

I think some of it comes from the 'helplessness' men must feel during pregnancy/labour/breastfeeding - it's all down to the woman so when there's an actual baby to look after they like to think they can take charge with something...as if!

I wish my OH woukd have some common sense sometimes! He's never taken any interest in reading baby books or looking things up :( x

Mine didn't read up on anything whilst I was pregnant but to be fair he does now. He just finds l/o irritating I think :(

Maybe thus is why women have such maternal instincts as if it was left to the men the babies would be left in a corner to fend for themselves lol!

If it was left to men the human race would be extinct. The only male creatures that are any good are penguins :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back