Rant sorry

mrssmith2011

Reaction score
Sorry for the rant ladies but my younger sister is doing my head in. Everything I say about this pregnancy she contradicts. She is due mid September and thinks she knows everything. Like me this is her first but she seems to think she is some kind of expert and although she is upsetting me I am not allowed to say anything as she is pregnant. She had asked of £120 gift and then comes back with she is buying us something for £50. Everything I say she critises and I am struggling not to snap. Sorry for the pointless thread xxxx

You're a better person than me, I'd have snapped by now.... And I wouldn't even feel guilty about it :)

If I snap she will get everything. How we had to delay trying for the little one as she wasn't having any pregnant bridesmaids (she got married 9 months after us) then asks a friend who she already knew was pregnant to be bridesmaid so she was bout 7 and a half months pregnant when my sister got married. People how get married and then fall pregnant straight away are a disgrace they want to enjoy being married first. she cried every month from her getting married til she fell pregnant 6 months later. She is expecting me to go up at Christmas (she lives 40 miles away) and screw her face up as I said would have to see how I am by then. She is also refusing to tell anyone the little ones name. We have our 20 week scan 2 weeks before she is due so we are going to have to wait before chosing a name if we are having a girl because if we pick anything similar to her we won't be allowed to have it even though she won't tell us what the name is xxx

Who the hell does she think she is? This is your special time too! Think you need to put your foot down and stick up for yourself. Have you told her your names? Think you need to get first dibs if she is being so childish. xxx

Stick up for yourself. F**k her (Basically)! If she doesn't like something, it's her problem. Tell her what a massive mardarse she's being and choose your names and enjoy your pregnancy, don't let her ruin it :)

Thanks guys. We have got our name chose and once we find out what the little one is we will tell her. If its her name well I am very sorry. She told me last night I have no idea what it is like being as pregnant as she is. She is due mid September and that things will only get worse. I had only said that I had been sick again and I thought my sickness had stopped. She was signed off with exhaustion for 3 weeks 8 weeks into the pregnancy but apart from that hasn't had any problems. Just the usual swollen feet and being tired but no one has had a pregnancy like hers xxx

Oh she sounds like a self obssessed hypercondriact! (Sorry dunno how to spell)
Stuff her do as you need, every pregnancy is different just enjoy what you can of yours, can't believe she tells you what you can and can't do how rude!!

Xx

Oh dear - you are definitely more patient than I am - I would have lost it by now! Like others have said - I would maybe say your names to her (in front of a relative) soon if you can and then you'll know that she'll have something different to yours, :) xx

My older sister seems very much like your younger sister - everything is always so much more important when its her! I just really try to not let it get to me - I used to be a bit of a push over with it, but I don't let her walk all over me anymore (not as much anyway!) and if she's getting a bit much then to be honest I switch my phone off for a while! xxx

Cheers guys she is a pain in the backside. Apparently I will have an easier pregnancy then her as I will be heavily pregnant in the winter. Never mind ice and snow. That isn't dangerous apparently ha ha xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back