Rant alert!

Haylian

Reaction score
It's my mums 50th at the end of August and she's just been to Barcelona with my sister and Aunties etc, I couldn't go for obvious reasons and I'm really gutted that I've missed one of the biggest things she's done :-(

In December me and my sister booked to go to Claridges in London as a surprise for her as she'd watched the documentary and really wanted to go, I then found out I was pregnant so we had to move the dates back a bit other wise I'd be going at 38 weeks and didn't think it was wise. Unfortunately we lost our booking at Claridges and haven't been able to get in over the new dates so instead we're going to the Harry Potter museum during the day and then taking her to an outdoor theatre to see the sound of music. All in all its cost me nearly £300 for myself and half towards my mums which I think is a lot of money to spend but as its her 50th and this is her present I didn't mind as she's totally worth it.

My sister has now been and bought, perfume, pandora charms, este Lauder sets and wants me to go half with her on it all....... I have a baby in 5 weeks and I've spent a small fortune already and she's got the face on cause I haven't got another spare £100 for more presents.

My sister is 29, lives at home due to a failed relationship and pays £120 a month board! She has a very good job with the NHS and brings home a very nice amount each month and all she runs is a little 1.2 corsa. She has no debt and was going to buy a house with her ex so has 10+ thousand pounds in her savings. She can afford this...... I can't!

It's so horrible cause I know she'd do anything for me and has a heart of good but she just doesn't get it!

Just needed to get that off my chest really cause I didn't want to argue with her about it xx

Oh no. I hate money stuff!! You've spent LOADS already. Just remind your sister what you've spent and explain you sadly have no spare money. I'm sure she'll realise. It's always difficult when someone is in such a different situation, I've had that before. As she's a good person I'm sure she'll understand eventually.

Always good to rant on here and get it out your system! :) xx

Thanks Bex, it is just more frustrating more than anything. She wants me to go help put banners up etc for my mums party this weekend, on ladders! Haha she just doesn't understand the toll pregnancy takes on the body xx

I would remind her how she was with you when it's her turn lol x

Oh dear, sisters!! Sounds like the kind of thing my little sister would do to me. I'm assuming you've tried talking to her about it all already, so there's not a lot else can be done. I can only say try not to go down the route of "you live at home, you only have this that and the other to pay for" because it might rub her up the wrong way - more just an explanation of how expensive babies are and how poor maternity pay is!!

Hope it works out ok. Maybe just a little rant is enough to clear your head of the issue :) xx

I can't wait for her to be pregnant roxyroo cause she's done nothing but take the piss out of me for being so poorly etc I've made mental notes!

Yeah Tigger I probably won't even discuss it with her again unless she brings it up, I don't want to argue with her and I know we will if she pushes the subject, just glad I've got you lovely ladies to take my side and listen to me rant haha x

That's totally understandable. Unfortunately, i find people don't understand a lot when we are pregnant. Money issues, how we feel, how we feel about how we look sometimes etc.

It is really difficult to bring up though as people just think 'another excuse' due to being pregnant.

:( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back