random thought....

Babygirl123

Reaction score
Hey ladies, so this is just a random thought I had that I wanted to share.....

Growing up , you learn that it's so easy to get pregnant. In school they pretty much taught that if you sit on a toilet seat after a boy, there's a chance you could get pregnant. Even having unprotected sex only one time will guarantee a baby.

But it's not true. not for everyone. It's not as easy as they make it sound to get pregnant and it's not fair. It's nice to know that there are women who don't have a hard time with this but at the same time, sometimes I just need to put it in perspective. It's not as easy as they make it sound and its not my fault.

Idk has anyone else thought about how this affects us?

I am finding it a struggle to 'unlearn' this in the hubby. :) he still doesn't really get why some days are more important than others if we want to conceive and thinks any old day will do, regardless where in the month.

My OH is the same Lotti, he doesn't understand it at all... Even I didn't realise there was so much to it! Your right, in school it's drilled into you how getting pregnant can happen so easily, not always the case! xx

Last edited:
I am finding it a struggle to 'unlearn' this in the hubby. :) he still doesn't really get why some days are more important than others if we want to conceive and thinks any old day will do, regardless where in the month.

exactly! to an average person, it doesn't seem like a big deal but to us....it means everything! timing is so important.

My OH is the same Lotti, he doesn't understand it at all... Even I didn't realise there was so much to it! Your right, in school it's drilled into you how getting pregnant can happen so easily, not always the case! xx

exactly, I remember being so careful and being scared when I was younger that I would get pregnant immediately even while taking birth control and being super careful. it's just funny how people will say the extreme opposite and avoid actual education

I totally agree, when I was with my ex for all those years he was so totally obsessed and convinced that I would get pregnant. I was taking the pill (which he would check every day to make sure that I did not 'trap' him) and without fail used condoms. There was no touching me at all if there was any sort of bodily fluid around near him so by that point he had all but convinced me that he would get me pregnant just by having multiple ways of protected sex. To the point that I was worried with my husband after we married I made him wear a condom until we were in a place to TTC, what a shame that is not the reality for a lot of us. So far its been 6 months and no protection has been used but still no luck- oh the irony how we are all taught how easy it is to fall pregnant but reality does not necessarily reflect that

Yep, totally agree and still a common misconception amongst many unfortunately. Xx

Yep. You spend your life thinking, mustn't get pregnant, mustn't get pregnant and then, 2 years later or many more years later for some, it still doesn't happen. Sadly, 2 years is fairly normal. That's how long it took me and it was heartbreaking.

Yep. You spend your life thinking, mustn't get pregnant, mustn't get pregnant and then, 2 years later or many more years later for some, it still doesn't happen. Sadly, 2 years is fairly normal. That's how long it took me and it was heartbreaking.

I'm sorry :/ It's definitely a struggle. I wish they educated us differently but some women don't share this problem I suppose

There's a great book by Marissa Peer called "Trying to Get Pregnant (and Succeeding)", some of her thoughts are a little too way out for me but one of the things she says is that she really believes being brought up with this whole feeling of "must not get pregnant, must not get pregnant" does affect us because it gets so fixed in our psyche.

I really think her booked is worth a read, she does some good visualisations too.

It's weird because after my first time I remember panicking and buying pregnancy tests like 2 weeks later. I was on the pill AND knew I had PCOS.

It's funny, cause somewhere deep down inside I still think theres always a chance. If the last 6years should have taught me anything is that the chance of it happening are Slim to absolutely no chance on this earth! lol

I've thought about this too. I think a lot of it hads to do with age. I know that after 30 it's harder to conceive than in your 20's. I'm almost 39 & constantly reminded by the medical profession how lucky we were to conceive naturally. Most people assume we'd undergone IVF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back