raised pulse

hels

Reaction score
has any one had a raised pulse in pregnancy? mines gone sky high! it was 130 last night, its usually 74 ish. realise that there is extra demand on the heart, and alsoi have been unwell with a chest infection, but it happened last week too. its even racing when im at rest.
any ideas??

silly question? how do you check it? i will do mine then let you know!!!

place your index and middle finger on your wrist (on your thumb side) average pulse is about 70-80.

Hiya Hels

This is my 6th pregnancy and I have always had high blood pressure so am regularly checking my pulse. To be honest if you get up and do something mine goes high too. You should take your pulse after resting for a bit...mine is normally around 80. I asked the latest midwife whether it was a good indication of your blood pressure and she said that its not completely accurate but if its high after you have been resting it might be worth getting checked out.

:0) So dont worry to much (which is easier said than done!)

Ragna xxx

ok mine is 80 if that helps but my bp is low at 90/45 so not really sure if that helps you at all - sorry i cant be of more use!!

Hels
Mine went up to high 120s when I had a kidney infection. I think it happens when your body is fighting something off...

I'm the opposite for some reason - if i get ill mine seems to drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back