Quinn wont drink anything! !

Drummers_wife

Reaction score
HELP HELP HELP HELP XX

Quinns started refusing fluids milk & water :( hes litterally only had 7oz milk & 2oz water x (had 4oz milk in porridge)
he was sooo constipated screaming in pain last night I had to give him lactulose x
He's eating brilliantly and im hiding milk in that having cheese & yoghurt etc but jus refusing fluids tried cups bottles sippys x please anyone got any ideas yo help??

I feel like crying xx

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

Hugs, dont be upset hun :(
Not quite the same but last week LM was thought to have a query UTI and had to get a urine sample, which is easier said than done when your child will not drink enough to do a decent pee to get one!

She went off milk in the day and wasnt drinking much during the night. I put a little fruit cordial in her water which worked at times. It got to the point where I just wanted her to drink anything as I was worried she was going to get dehydrated, so I gave her little sips of flavoured water. Not healthy I know, but at least it was some fluid.

I know your LO is a few months younger than LM but a small amount of cordial may be ok? Or a bit of diluted fresh OJ, which might also help with his constipation. X

Must be very stressful :( Try watered down orange/apple juice as it's sweet he might take it and there's not too much sugar in it...xx

Try a beaker and kind of just tip some in, worse case try a medicine spoon or syringe.

Also try watering down fruit, purees weetabix and porridge.

Is he eating his food?

I think pain passing stools is common when they start weaning but he should still be having some milk.

If you do formula add an extra oz of water and if you BF make sure you drink a lot of water so the milk he is getting has some extra fluid

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back