Quick question

MrsRogers

Reaction score
Currently my bmi is 33 point something can't remember the exact numbers!
Obviously with me and my husband doing IVF with icsi and being told my target is bmi if 30 will they start the process if I'm a little bit over weight? My next catch up appointment is 12th may or will I have to keep continuing to loose weight before they start the process??

Hi I don't know if every area is different but I was told mine had to be 30...I was offered an appointment they asked what my bmi was and when they worked it out as 31 they told me to ring back when it was 30 or below x

Ah right thank you, I know it's doable but thought I'd make sure as it's so disheartening! Don't see why they can't carry on while you still try to loose weight I know there's the added weight if your bmi is over 30 but as long as they can clearly see you trying why not..

I know it's ridiculous...don't let it get you down though! I told the nurse on the phone il ring you back in 2months an I could tell that she doubted me...I still got 1 round of clomid left to take after this one so fingers crossed I won't need ivf :)
Good luck with your journey you will get there! X

My area is also very strict. They will give clomid if you are slightly over and trying to lose it but won't start any other treatment until you are within their criteria. It is so hard isn't it, best of luck.

I was slightly under but they let me have it anyway as long as I promised to try and put on weight. Unfortunately metformin has just made me lose more weight but DH thinks my weight could be an issue (I am trying and I know people thinner than me who have got pregnant no problem).

I'd definitely try and get down to 30 but I totally understand how hard it is (from the other side!). Some tips: change all your cooking oil to coconut oil, cut down on potatoes and refined sugar as much as possible, obviously lots of fruit and veg. Have good fats (fish oils, nuts) as you will need them for a baby but avoid saturated fats and processed foods. You might know this already but thought I'd share just in case (it's pretty much what I'm doing strangely enough but that's because of the pcos). Xx

I'm trying to loose it as I'm unhappy with my weight anyways but it goes down then up all the time even when I don't change my diet, I go out on my bike nearly everyday even for just an hour, Ive started zumba at home and just bought a wii fit for the extra boost lol I used to have 3 sugars in my tea now I've cut that right down to 1 and still trying to tolerate zero... I look on food labels and if they have red on any of the ingredients I don't buy it or don't eat it, I'm always having salads or veg with my meals and have a lovely fruit salad for breakfast and snacks I have fruit.. I don't really eat potatoes if I'm honest lol the odd jacket with salad.. Love fish and chicken atm can't get enough of it.. Every bit of advice is helpful no matter how 'simple' it is..

If you haven't already switch to whole milk rather than skimmed/semi skim and full fat dairy products. It sounds wrong but they are lower in sugar and higher in the 'good' fats that your body needs when ttc. Just by doing that I lost 10 kg in a year with no other changes.

I'm trying to loose it as I'm unhappy with my weight anyways but it goes down then up all the time even when I don't change my diet, I go out on my bike nearly everyday even for just an hour, Ive started zumba at home and just bought a wii fit for the extra boost lol I used to have 3 sugars in my tea now I've cut that right down to 1 and still trying to tolerate zero... I look on food labels and if they have red on any of the ingredients I don't buy it or don't eat it, I'm always having salads or veg with my meals and have a lovely fruit salad for breakfast and snacks I have fruit.. I don't really eat potatoes if I'm honest lol the odd jacket with salad.. Love fish and chicken atm can't get enough of it.. Every bit of advice is helpful no matter how 'simple' it is..

Loosing weight is so hard.

The quickest way to shift is to drink 2 smoothies a day. I tried and got into my old skirt within a week.

Here is the recipe:

200ml grapefruit juice
1 kiwi
2 cups of raw spinach
2 cups of raw kale
Add water if needed

Blend until it's smooth and runny. I drink it through the straw.

Hope this helps :hug:

I second the full fat diary products over anything low fat! Plus fat keeps you nourished for longer. I wouldn't rely on the colours of food labels though, I never do in that respect there's reds on the honey!

Another thing which helped for me to stop putting on weight in the past is by sitting down, I honestly can not eat whilst walking of doing something these days. I have to sit down and take my time for it, this helps with your body clock signalling that you are full. It's quite normal to sit down for 20-25 mins for a meal!

You'll need some carbohydrates for energy, especially if you do some more exercise!

Switch all whites to whole meal, rice, pasta, bread and so on.

3 normal meals a day and three times to have a snack. Try and eat at the same time everyday but with a variety of foods.

I wouldn't recommend using juices or shakes as the chewing part of food is quite important, for our jaws, our digestive system, our teeth and there's a chance the weight comes back too quickly creating a yoyo effect after.

A smoothie in a varied diet won't do any harm but it's not a good meal replacement to replace all meals with.

Hope that helps x

Just to add. I drink these smoothies twice a day. And they are not meal replacements. I eat normal meals throughout the day.

Very good point DeeDee. Full fat dairy products. I switched to full fat milk, butter, cheese and even Mayo. Firstly they taste better and make me feel fuller for longer. No more fat free or low fat products. X

Why twice a day though? Or have you got a variety of them, it's the juice in it that adds to the sugar in your diet only cause the fibre has been removed in juicing process x

Why twice a day though? Or have you got a variety of them, it's the juice in it that adds to the sugar in your diet only cause the fibre has been removed in juicing process x

I like to add juice as it tastes better, its only 100-200 ml.

I tend to blend different smoothies, if I dont have any other ingredients I will make the green one again as I always have spinach and kale in the fridge. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back