Quick question in case AF does arrive?

liz_milne

Reaction score
Because i am so late on my USUALLY 26 day cycle.........and if/when AF comes, do I then count 26 days from that? I'm totally confused!!!

Would that then be cycle day 1?

:thanks:

oh oh oh ............... and another question..........

Obviously according to my ticker i am due to ovulate roughly 5 days time as I am on day 9 of a 26 day cycle, now will this still be the case or if/when AF arrives and finishes (which is normally only about 2 to 2 1/2 days worth really, I'm a lucky girl!) should I then start peeing on opk sticks?

My god, for someone who has always just taken the "lets just see" approach, you girls have got me wanting to be more in tune with my inner goings-on than ever before!

Appreciation to any answers, cos I'm so thick on the matter xx

liz x

no you would need to reset your ticker once AF arrives. Your first full flow day is CD1. So if you get some spotting one day, then proper period the next, the spotting doesnt count.

BUT, as AF is still nowhere to be seen for you, I would be peeing on OPKS every day, just in case ovulation was really late for some reason this month or hasnt even happened yet. Will be easier to keep track of once AF is here.

Tesco cheapie OPKS are fine, but i backed them up around the time i thought i should be ovulating with digi ones but both gave me positives on the same day. xx

Hi Liz,

You need to reset your ticker as you are not on CD9 sweetie.

Once AF arrives then you can start afresh.

I was advised that your first full day of bleeding is CD1 (so if you come on heavy at 5pm or spot for a day before heavier flow it is then the next day is CD1)

I would then use OPK's every day from CD10 to see when you Ov.

Sadly sometimes our cycles just change for no apparant reason....

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back