Quick Question: Dentist

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Jessika, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Jessika

Jessika Well-Known Member

Got an appt this afternoon, I know i cant have an xray but is there anything else i should avoid (i am hoping the dentist will know but you can never be too sure!) Can I have anasthetic injections etc???

Thanks!

2. rach

rach Well-Known Member

hi jessika i had dentist last week cos my filling fell out just make sure you tell them that you are pregnant they know what you can and cant have for example i couldnt have a normal filling cos they not allowed to use amalgam fillings on pregnant women not only that they might give you extra appointments for scale and polishing to keep an eye on your gums i have to go every 3 months now as my gums been bleeding since pg and they want to keep everything nice and clean so i dont get infection :D
    xxxxxxxx

3. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

Mine wants to replace a filling I have next week, it's a black one and she will probably be replacing it with a black one (didn't say she'd use a white one). I think I will cancel and rebook when the baby is here, it's not causing me any probs.

4. rach

rach Well-Known Member

ooh rosieroo mine was a black one and dentist told me i had to have it replaced with a white one which looks odd now as only half the filling fell out so i got half black half white filling in there i would definately question this like i said in previous post my dentist said they cant use the normal fillings on you when you are pregnant xxxx