quick opk question

Topsy

Reaction score
Hi girls

Think I've been working my ovulation date out wrong, when you get your positive opk do you ovulate that same day or a few days after?

Thanks

Xx

Hiya, the OV kit helps predict your surge so that you can BD before your ovaries release an egg, so that you dont miss it the darker the lines are the closer to OV you are.

Hi girls

Think I've been working my ovulation date out wrong, when you get your positive opk do you ovulate that same day or a few days after?

Thanks

Xx

You normally Ov within 24-36 hours of getting your + on OPK

xxxxxxxx

Thanks girls

So if I got my darkest opk on wed 8th I probably didn't ovulate till the thurs or fri?
I"m out this cycle got bfn this morning so just trying to get myself ready to start charting again if the witch arrives tomorrow.

Xx

Yeah if its 24-36 hours maybe just take it as the 24 hours for charting? I would do that anyway, dont know about Carnta shes more experienced this is just my first cycle TTC.

Luck for next cycle though love!

I don't chart hun.

I think most people say they find temping and keeping an eye on CM the most effective way of monitoring ovulation - but I don't temp either :shock:

For me, I got a +OPK at 7pm on 14th, Ov pain started at 11pm, I had a very faint line the next night (15th) and Ov pain has stopped by the time got up the next morning (16th) so I Ov'd sometime between 24 and 36 hours after the +OPK :) - talk about text book

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
wow - that is dead on!

Hopefully its not so confusing for me during this cycle - so far everything seems normal, although I dont seem to have a lot of EWCM this might change obviously by tonight plus im at work so I had a quick peek and nothing.

I had suspected that I OV earlier than it was telling me - just my pains, EWCM and dates werent all matching. So now that I have used the OPK today I feel a bit better and reassured now.

a positive OPK means that your LH surge has started. LH is the hormone that stimulates the ovaries into releasing an egg. The surge usually lasts 24-36 hours. Most woman would release an egg in this time. And the egg can last from just 6hrs to 24hrs before it becomes useless.

So the only real way of knowing is to do something else along with using OPKS like taking your temp. Your temp drops on the day you ovulate quite noticably, then rises the day after. You can also check your CM but a lot of girls find this confusing unless you do it for quite a few cycles and really get to know your body.

either that or just follow the SMEP plan to make sure you dont miss the egg!!

a positive OPK means that your LH surge has started. LH is the hormone that stimulates the ovaries into releasing an egg. The surge usually lasts 24-36 hours. Most woman would release an egg in this time. And the egg can last from just 6hrs to 24hrs before it becomes useless.

So the only real way of knowing is to do something else along with using OPKS like taking your temp. Your temp drops on the day you ovulate quite noticably, then rises the day after. You can also check your CM but a lot of girls find this confusing unless you do it for quite a few cycles and really get to know your body.

either that or just follow the SMEP plan to make sure you dont miss the egg!!

just have to say that wee baba on your ticker is dead cute! ive never seen one facing that way before! <3

Think I will try temping this cycle along with the smep plan, just wish the witch would hurry up and show her face now, funny how we go from wishing she would stay away to wishing she would hurry up.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back