questions re booking appointment

MrsCK

Reaction score
Hi ladies I just have a couple of questions about the booking in appointment.

who does this (doctor or midwife)?

when does it usually happen?

what is the process?

is it separate from the 12 week scan appointment?

I went to my doctors yesterday to tell him that I'm pregnant. he just filled out 2 forms...1 was pink and he kept and the other I posted which was for my exemption card for prescriptions

the last time I was pregnant with the mc I went to doctors filled out the same 2 forms and then a week later I got my exemption card and 2 weeks later a 12 week scan appointment. nothing about a booking in appointment. so is this something the doctor should do or do I need to make an appointment with someone??

Charlie x

I've just been trying to figure all that out too. I ended up getting the midwifes number from the doctors surgery receptionist, and rang midwife direct. She said they normally do booking appt at 8 weeks. She will do bloods, and I've got to take a early morning wee sample.

ok well I saw the doctor yesterday and he didn't say anything about a booking in appointment. do I presume that someone will contact me by letter or should I try and get a number from the doctor and contact them myself??

how many weeks are you when you have your booking in appointment?

I'm 6 weeks now and having booking in appt on 19th July. The reason I followed it up is that last pregnancy I got to almost 11 weeks without a peep from anyone.

Midwife said to me that normally at my drs when someone advises they are pregnant, their name is put in a book that the midwife checks weekly.they then contact directly and make all the scan appt etc.

It depends on your area/trust. In my área we have a booking in appointment with the mw at about 10 weeks and then the dating scan at 12 as normal. But i have heard some ladies in different areas have had a booking in appointment at the Same time as their scan. I got my scan date through before beford i got my booking in date. Good luck x

ok thanks for the Info ladies. I'll wait to see what comes in the post over the next few weeks x

I went to see my doctor about finding out I was pregnant. They then referred me to the receptionist who gave me all the info and I filled out a form that got faxed to the midwife unit at the hospital. They also told me to phone them rather than wait for the midwife to contact me which I did. Got my appointment 2 weeks ago which I have tomorrow (at 8 weeks) and my scan date has already come through for the end of this month. Soo excited.

ok i might call my doctor and ask the receptionist what the procedure is, see if she knows.

Told the doctor i was pregnant about 3 weeks ago and got to book an appointment with the midwife at reception. She's only in once a week so she rang me the next time she was in and gave me a date for my first appointment.I had my first appointment with the midwife yesterday at my doctors surgery. I got my green book and filled in a lot of paperwork then she rang the hospital there and then booked me an dating scan in a couple of weeks. I also got to bring a urine sample with me and have my blood taken.

For me i went to my doctors and the receptionist gave me this big pack with a booklet to fill in and a number to call when i was 8 weeks, they booked my scan over the phone when i called but i didnt have a booking in app. Depends on your area xxx

I'm booked in to see the nurse on Tuesday as I need bloods done for my meds (thyroid) so going to see if she can refer me don't really like the doc at the mo lol

my doctor went through things, took myweight and my bp, worked out my bi, checked if i smpoked/drank etc... then asked me where i wanted to have my baby and where i wanted my scans and where i anted to see the midwife. hen he gave me a letter and i attended an information session with the midwife on the monday (appointemt was friday) and when i went got hat i got my notes, my bounty pack and made my booking appointment for 8 weeks. a few days later my medical card came in the post. apparently i make a scan appointment at my booking in appointment on 23rd

I saw the doc yesterday and he said that the hospital would get in touch. So nothing for me to do at this stage!

When I had my daughter 2 years ago the notes were just changing....

I know the mw used to come to your home on first visit here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back