Questions - Hot Baths/Hair Dye

BTurley01

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have my 8 week appointment tomorrow, I'm so excited :) Its our first baby.

I have a couple of questions which I would like peoples opinions on please. I know I can ask the midwife but still value everyone's opinions and experiences.

1. Dying your hair during pregnancy is this safe? I go to the hair dressers and get my hair dyed blonde and wondered if this is safe?

2. Hot Baths. I love a hot bath, but I have read in a couple of places that they are not advisable when pregnant?

Hot baths are a no I'm afraid as they raise your body temperature too high which can be dangerous for baby. You can still have a bath but just not too hot.

Dying your hair is ok but it us advisable to wait until the second trimester and do a strand test as pregnancy can make your skin etc more sensitive.

XX

Ok Thanks :)

Im worried as I have had a couple of hot baths since I have been pregnant. I will mention it tomorrow at my appointment :/

I have always dyed my hair when I pregnant ....I'm a hairdresser and 8 weeks pregnant too the only thing I notice is that my blonde tends to go very gingery and burns my skin more do you have you colour applied to your scalp ? Xx

Ok Thanks :)

Im worried as I have had a couple of hot baths since I have been pregnant. I will mention it tomorrow at my appointment :/

Do you get highlights or a full colour? Highlights don't touch your scalp so are fine.

It's annoying as it's a time when you really could do with a good soak in a hot bath! I'm still having baths, just not as hot as they normally would be. I'm judging this myself.

Don't stress too much about your hot baths - I too love a hot bath and had a few in my first pregnancy and all was well.. I do echo what Emily said though it isn't advisable, it's the same reason we aren't allowed jacuzzis and steam rooms! xx

I had my hair dyed at 5 weeks, full head, but I do get the organic stuff. I don't think I could handle the fumes of then normal hair dye.

I am still having baths but I have the window open to help me not get too hot above the water and I don't have it as hot as I used to.. Currently I don't want to get my hair done, I might in the second trimester x

I don't have hot baths anymore. I like my baths boiling hot. I was advised during treatment to have showers. I have only started to have the odd bath, usually shower. I don't have it hot at all and its not as relaxing.
I want to dye my hair too but am waiting until tri 2 xx

I can't have showers but have the occasional bath mostly I'm just washing at the moment as baths have made me ill! I try to jot have them too hot I too used to like them lava temperature! I guess I can do that in about 7 months!
As for my hair..... well.... the less said about that the better ;)

I can't have showers but have the occasional bath mostly I'm just washing at the moment as baths have made me ill! I try to jot have them too hot I too used to like them lava temperature! I guess I can do that in about 7 months!
As for my hair..... well.... the less said about that the better ;)

Ahhh, as soon as I have baby I am going to have a lava bath :)

Our new house doesn't have a bath but our old place did.

I love my baths really hot. Like you have to lower yourself in a fraction on an inch at a time to acclimatise to it!

I do have my showers hot too but I don't think that's such a problem as hot baths.

I really need to dye my hair! The greys are taking over!!

XX

I couldn't go without dying my hair all the grey hairs show lol I've dyed it a couple of times I'm nearly 10 weeks think it's just incase your head burns etc but mines been okay

I don't dye my hair and I haven't had a hot bath since getting pregnant. I just take showers, not too hot. :)

I haven't had a bath since having treatment as I hate a lukewarm bath so I'm going to savour a nice warm bubbly one once the babies are here & i haven't had my hair dyed yet x

To be honest, I can't bathe in warm baths.
I get in at a comfortable temp, then find its not warm enough and end up turning the hot tap on until I'm cosy

Yup, that's how I am, that's why I have to avoid baths for now. Because once you're in there and you slowly heat up the water, it's easy to misjudge how hot it is because your body adjusts and gets used to it. So it could be real hot and you won't feel like it's that hot. So showers for me till T.J. is born. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back