Questions for anyone who works in wages

Kelly450

Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

Anybody work in HR or wages?

Just looking for some advice and to ask a few questions.

I am due exactly 3 weeks today and my OH (scott) has booked 2 weeks holiday starting from July 28th and has also got Paternity to take when baby arrives. If baby arrives Before August 8th his Paternity will over ride his holiday and he will get his holiday back.

However, today, he got offered a new job with a new company which he is very keen to accept.

He knows he will not get Paternity pay with the new company. What i'd like to ask is

1. Can he hand his notice in while on paternity if need be?
2. Can he hand his notice in while on holiday and still have his paternity before leaving?
3. Will he have to work his weeks notice in store or will annual leave be enough to cover this?

Also, as he wrote on his application that notice would be 1 week for the company, can he change his mind and tell the new company that he would lke to give 4 weeks notice due to these circumstances?

Thanks to anybody who can help xx

Hi Ladies.

I am due exactly 3 weeks today and my OH (scott) has booked 2 weeks holiday starting from July 28th and has also got Paternity to take when baby arrives. If baby arrives Before August 8th his Paternity will over ride his holiday and he will get his holiday back.

However, today, he got offered a new job with a new company which he is very keen to accept.

He knows he will not get Paternity pay with the new company. What i'd like to ask is

2. Can he hand his notice in while on holiday and still have his paternity before leaving?
3. Will he have to work his weeks notice in store or will annual leave be enough to cover this?

Also, as he wrote on his application that notice would be 1 week for the company, can he change his mind and tell the new company that he would lke to give 4 weeks notice due to these circumstances?

I don't work in HR but I would imagine that your OH will still be entitled to statutory paternity pay - anything in addition to this will be in your OH's paternity pay policy. I get additional maternity pay but if I don't go back to work for so long afterwards, they can ask me to pay it back.

Yes he can hand his notice in whilst on paternity or annual leave and he should still receive the statutory paternity pay and I would say your notice period could be annual leave or paternity leave too.

Again, I don't work in HR but this is how it would work under the policies for our company.

And with regards to amending notice period, I'd speak with the new employer and just explain the situation and say that if possible he would like to start the job at a slightly later date and they should be fine but make it clear he understands if its immediate start

my dad is an HR manager kel il ask him when he gets in n text ya xx

Hi Ladies.

I don't work in HR but I would imagine that your OH will still be entitled to statutory paternity pay - anything in addition to this will be in your OH's paternity pay policy. I get additional maternity pay but if I don't go back to work for so long afterwards, they can ask me to pay it back.

Yes he can hand his notice in whilst on paternity or annual leave and he should still receive the statutory paternity pay and I would say your notice period could be annual leave or paternity leave too.

Again, I don't work in HR but this is how it would work under the policies for our company.

And with regards to amending notice period, I'd speak with the new employer and just explain the situation and say that if possible he would like to start the job at a slightly later date and they should be fine but make it clear he understands if its immediate start

Thank you :) this all sounds very promising xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

me dad recommends to ask if he can swap his second weeks hol to start paternity leave then two choices after that, issue his notice to commence after the paternity leave but book that as his second weeks hol and serve his notice on holiday. or at the end of the second week if he wanted start his new job he could serve the second week of paternity pay as notice and take the hol pay that they owe him as part of his final pay xx alls hes doin is swapin his weeks around :) he is basically sayin make it first week.. holiday. next two weeks.. paternity leave then the last week his holiday week, then if he wants to start workin his new job before the end of those 4 weeks, he can serve the 2nd week of paternity as notice and they will owe him holiday pay 5 days or he can serve his notice for the last week while hes on holiday leave. xx

me dad recommends to ask if he can swap his second weeks hol to start paternity leave then two choices after that, issue his notice to commence after the paternity leave but book that as his second weeks hol and serve his notice on holiday. or at the end of the second week if he wanted start his new job he could serve the second week of paternity pay as notice and take the hol pay that they owe him as part of his final pay xx alls hes doin is swapin his weeks around :) he is basically sayin make it first week.. holiday. next two weeks.. paternity leave then the last week his holiday week, then if he wants to start workin his new job before the end of those 4 weeks, he can serve the 2nd week of paternity as notice and they will owe him holiday pay 5 days or he can serve his notice for the last week while hes on holiday leave. xx

What happens if baby is late? As he can only take his paternity from when baby arrives. It seems though from your answer that he is eligible to hand his notice in and not have to be at work during his final week! Sounds great. Thank you for askinf your dad and thank you to your dad lol :-D

He actually doesnt mind giving up his holiday at all and only needs to give a weeks notice so we really hope baby comes before August 8th now!! Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300

it is just a weeks notice he has to give int it? i did read right? lol il ask him now what happens if baby is late xx

Yeh just a week at least :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300

My husband handed his notice in 4 weeks he had to give on his old job then took two of those as annual leave he was owed anyway He worked only two weeks notice in theory and the company he worked for were fine with that I think it also depends on the type of job you do ie would he need to hand over stuff etc. Hubby then started his new job but made arrangements with new employer that he can take one week annual leave and one week work from home at last min when baby arrives as only having now worked therr four months he won't be entitled to paternity pay and leave statitury or otherwise.

Thanks ladies. He only has to give 1 week but had decided to give 4 and give up some holiday so he is working more of it.

His new job said today they are happy for him to start 1st september as they unserstand he will want time with baby x

Sent from my GT-I9300

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back