Questions and worries...

Hope81

Reaction score
I am weaning Amelie the past 4 weeks and though she is ok now with the spoon she is still eating like 2 baby spoonfuls maybe 4 and he stops. That dint change the past month at all and kind of feel like not advancing?
I tried offer her her milk first, 1/2 of her milk first or solids first. It Dosent really make a difference. She is just bored and lazy?
She has some finger food too that enjoys more but mostly plays with them.
I know that it's still early but I was hoping to see some progress after one month? I am suppose to drop at 3 bottles per day at 6 m and 3 established solid meals at 7 m bit I don't see it happening.
Now I know that milk is very important too and I wouldn't worry at all if she was drinking her milk but she absolutely hates it and since last week she barely takes 3-4 oz per feeding :roll: (not because of solids I assure you as she Dosent eat those either and milk is always offered first)

Anyway until now we tried apple, pear, nectarines,bananas, mango, carrot, peas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, parsnips, baby rice, baby porridge and hmm that's all.
I am a little stuck with ideas???
What so you all give/gave to your babies before 6 m.
I can't wait 6 m to come bit I doubt she will be eating more by then so I am terrified :faint:

Regardless to say I don't really enjoy weaning.
Why can't I have a baby that eats everything and asks for more lol!

Sometimes they just go through a wee fussy stage. Tbh honest by the time g was 5/5.5months she was eating just about everything!! Just because she was ready early and sticking to just fruit/veg didn't seem to be working when she wanted what we were eating. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Did you give her gluten earlier?

I know what you mean Hope. I was so glad when he turned 6months as it made things so much easier... I gave W gluten and milk the week before he was 6 months. I made him cauliflower cheese. Was a big hit.
It's your own choice what you give her, when!
But I did notice he loved the Ella's kitchen pouches more than my purée's etc...! Little monkey.
W drinks different amounts of milk some days. Some days he wants milk others he wants food. He's dropped 1 bottle but he does that on his own.

B had gluten from 5.5 months as well - just bits of toast, pitta with hummus and a bit of pasta. I did see health visitor for guidance first and ours was more to do with sleep issues (didn't know if he was waking hungry or not)
You can buy gluten free products over here. One of the hits here is sweet potato and cheesy mash. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back