Questions after doctor appointment

NewMomDec19

Reaction score
I just had my first appointment with my doctor and he said I'm around 5 weeks. He advised that we don't have sex at the moment because the egg is trying to secure itself and we don't want to risk unsettling it. I never heard that before, has anyone else? He didn't do a test at all, which I thought was strange?

Also, I am still registered under my mom's address as I haven't changed docs since moving out. The doctor said this would be fine as he would rather see me through the pregnancy (and I am more comfortable with that as I've known him so long) but the receptionist was really funny with me when filling in my paperwork because the midwife won't come to my house apparently. The doctor didn't seem.to think it was a problem, does anyone know? Also hoping letters are discreet as we aren't telling my mom yet?

Wow! I’ve never heard of that either! Even the nhs website says sex is safe ..it’s a very common worry but I’ve slwsts heard it to be fine. Maybe take docs advice with a pinch of salt, I, like many ladies have been having regular sex and my 9 week scan is tomorrow.

If your at the doctors under your kind address then your midwife will only go to that house/area. I’ve recently moved and still registered at my mums and have been told to register somewhere else ...using your own address will cause problems at your booking app (mine did)

As for the letters they say “private and confidential” on them xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back