Question =]

Toxic_Angel

Reaction score
I think everyone is getting impatient now, and few people are giving birth early and some late. I've heard 37 weeks is when a baby is classed as not premature, So does that mean if i/anyone who is under 37 weeks have a baby be classed as premature.. im just panicking incase baby comes early, i wouldnt want to leave hospital with baby still in there.
Bit of a confusing question sorry!

think classed as pre term before 37 weeks then premature before something like 34 weeks?

Don't think you need to panic now hun. I went in to maternity on saturday with pains at 34+5 and asked them if there was any problems if baby did decide to exit and they said no baby should be just fine, being close to 35 weeks now anyway. They wouldn't try to stop labour if it started now, and would probably just get a pediatrician to look over the baby once its born. So that was a HUGE relief I have to say. However they did say that its always preferable to be as close to term as possible! I don't think their very happy about labour before 30 weeks or anywhere in the second tri.

hi hun i had my dd at 35+5 and she had 2 days in scbu but came home with me

I thnk it depends on how mature the baby's lungs are when he/she is born. Every baby differs. My friend had her DD at 33 weeks and she came home with her :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back