Question.

NIE

Reaction score
Me and hubby were talking last night and were wondering if babies are awake throughout labour?

We thought about medication making baby sleepy and all the noises labouring women make so we never came to any conclusion and were wondering what your thoughts were. :D

i think they are awake because they wake up when things are happening or when you eat so im sure all the contractions and pushing an not to forget NOISE that is being made how can they sleep lol

Apparently one of the reasons babies cry when they are born is the trauma they go through... also the day following they sleep alot to recoup... Also they are born with headaches too... :rotfl: Bless em...

If you remember when Tom Cruise's wife was pregnant, according to their religion, the women can't make noise when giving birth because it upsets the baby... aww wish I could have been there to see that :rotfl:

With drugs, my friend had pethidine when she had her little boy but her labour progressed really quickly and he was born drugged up... (apparently you need to be given it at least 3 hours before birth)... and he wouldn't latch on to breast feed... However, with gas and air, and epi's the drugs don't effect the baby.

Awww, bless them. I have heard that birth is so traumatic that it is why you do not remember it.

As for those scientologists.. crazy LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back