Question regarding 1st day of AF

liz_milne

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I heard someone say that your first day of period should be first FULL day of bleeding. So I've been classing this cycle as first FULL day of bleeding on 12th Feb. But in reality I started AF on 11th, it was about 11am and by later it was heavy. So that should really be my first day of AF shouldn't it?

it might sound crazy but one day difference in my timings makes a huge difference as I only have a 26 day cycle to play with really! I won't change my ticker until I get some feedback on this, but really I think I should be CD11 and not CD10? Am i right or am I wrong?

26 day cycle, with period only 3 days, day 1 light to heavy, day 2 heavy then day 3 tailing off to nothing. Only a 3 day cycle. Never been sure before of LP but if my opks are right and I'm ov'ing now or tomorrow, and I'm due AF 8th March (based on 12th Feb being my first day of AF which i think is incorrect) then my LP would be 15 to 16 days? This seems a bit long to me?

Have attached my opks from CD2 right up to this afternoon which is now lighter than this mornings test? To me it looks like an almost positive late last night CD9 and also early test 2nd urine CD10 AM?

Last edited:
also because I didn't really know my LP before as this is my first proper month TTC, when I change the ticker to the longer LP, this shows a whole different thing to what is on my ticker now!

If i change ticker to first cycle day of 11th Feb, 3 day cycle with 15 day LP, here is what I get:

Your cycle

Today you are in the 11th day of your cycle.
There are 16 days to your next cycle.
You are in the ovulation phase of the cycle.
Your ovulation is today
You are now in your (extra) fertile period
You may try a home pregnancy test in 13 in days

So as you can see this changes things up a bit. I suppose it's all depending on the opks being right, but if they are then I have even more chance of oh's swimmers from CD9/10 catching the egg if they are comfortable enough up there?

sod it i'm going to poas again to see if they are definitely fading.

Will pop back in 10 mins or so with results lol

I'm obsessed with sticks :poas:

I had this issue hun as I needed to have an internal scan between CD2 - CD. I spotted for almost 72 hours before AF arrivedf proper (at 4pm on 1st Feb so I classed 2nd Feb as CD1)

The leaflet with my scan said to count the first full day of bleeding as CD1. Howver I kind of thought if AF cam heavy before Midday I'd class that as CD1. Although in the end it didn't come to that for me!

xxxxxxxx

PS - I wouldn't take too much notice of your ticker.

I can never get all 4 factors right
1) Cycle length
2) LP
3) Date of Ov
4) Date I am going to test

So depending on where I am in my cycle I have to tweak my tickers?

For example today my tickers are correct for when I am going to test and my cycle length but my LP and Ov are wrong... When I get AF I'll reset it an my Ov and LP may be correct but my date to test will be wrong....

Playing about with them at different points in my cycle is the only way I can get my tickers right :shock:

xxxxxx

Last edited:
sod it i'm going to poas again to see if they are definitely fading.

Will pop back in 10 mins or so with results lol

I'm obsessed with sticks :poas:

Nope the sticks are definitely getting lighter. So does that mean ov will be tomorrow? or tonight? the clearest darker lines I got were last night at midnight (CD9) and this morning second urine (CD10). Now fading off again slightly. Although the 9 and 10 may well be 10 and 11 lol.

I think I will change my ticker start date of feb 11th, as it really was practically a full day of bleeding? But just wandering if you think I should class today as OV day or tomorrow? I know we can NEVER be completely sure and can only tell whens best to actually BD but at least if I can guestimate then I can get my ticker a little bit better lol.

If yesterday was your darkest OPK I would personally put Ov at 30 hours later (so in the middle of 24 - 36 hours)

What time did you get your darkest OPK yesterday?

xxxxxxx

Right have changed the ticker to class tomorrow as OV as it can occur on average 36 hours from the surge and if my surge was late last night and early this morning and now fading then 36 hours from then should be tomorrow. I normally feel when I'm ovulating so hopefully I can feel it this month too. Only difference is I have never paid much attention to dates or days which is why I get lost with the LP section of it! Also means my testing date looks much better lol

Not holding out much hope this month anyway but at least I'll kinda know where I'm at next month!

good luck everyone and sorry for going on about the least little thing! I'm a dork when it comes to new things!

It's always good to get to grips with your cycles.

I have an Excel sheet detailing my symptoms and moods for each day (I am not SS for pregnancy - I am logging every day!)

xxxxxxxxxx

Carnat I am doing that on my journal, I have one post that I am logging OPKs, CP, CM and have started to put general things in there too. It's a record for me and when it comes to next month I am going to do a day by day comparison to see lol

Can you tell I'm bored lol.

And talking about OV pain............I am feeling rather "bothersome" on my left hand hip area.......not that it means anything but i'm usually a right hand ov'er lol (well more than the left anyway). Just totally so p****ed off that oh is away. Really I am. Hopefully my "bothersomeness" gets a wee bit worse but I might just have gas lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back