Question re Doppler

Sophie_P

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I've won a cheap doppler on Ebay a without the gel, what else could work? Moisturiser? Conceive plus?

I used ky jelly with mine, worked perfectly x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wow you're 11 weeks already?? I've been keeping an eye in your posts ever since you were in TTC and its so good to see you at 11 weeks already!

Umm I started using mine at 13 weeks I think. They are wonderful as long as you don't take them too seriously, ie, don't freak out if you can't find the hb & don't use them for "reassurance" if you think something is wrong x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wasn't going to got one, and i'll try and not be too stressed if I can't find anything.

I use baby oil. Works great & does not make all your belly sticky.

I used mine from around 10/11 weeks. We found babys HB very quickly & never had trouble in not finding it. Theres a VERY clear difference between yours & babys. I do mine every Wednesday night laying bed, Record it & post it on FB to annoy everyone with my baby updates :p

Search for a "Train" not a "clock"

Last edited:
There is a new Windows Application for Fetal Dopplers named UnbornHeart.

The application displays an instant heart rate during a fetal heartbeat listening. It calculates an average pulse rate and draws a fetal heart graph after you stop listening. It records the fetal heartbeat to an audio file and allows recording of your baby's movements.

You can also choose to upload the fetal heart graph from your computer to a Free Online Service where it is stored for you. The Online Service shows a trend graph of long-term fetal heart rate development and allows sharing of heart graphs on Facebook.

With the application you get more from the moments when listening to your baby's heartbeat. It's also a great way for a father-to-be to bond with his unborn baby!

Train not a clock? As in fast rate?

Baby's heartbeat sounds more like the rate of a moving train, where as ours/adults is around rate of a clock.

YouTube is very good for examples, learn the difference first.

Also learn the noise of your placenta - that's more of a whoosh with a beat

I just used moisturiser and it worked fine. And I only bought mine at 14wks so that's when I started using it, found hb straight away x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

baby oil also works for me! both pregnancies havent found babies hb until 13+ weeks .. i struggle now too x

I use a water based lube, c-plus would do the job too I imagine. As above, dont get yourself in a tiz if you dont find bubs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back