question nappys

k8_005

Reaction score
Hi ladies baby due soon not already here but I need those of you with babes already to answer thanks!
How long does a baby stay in size 1, size2 size 3 nappys? I'm trying to buy a fair few to help ease costs. Baby is measuring at 6lb4 at 36 weeks so I think will be around 7-8 lbs when born certaintly not tiny and not massive either if this helps?! Thank you xx

My advice is not to stock up!

Baby may not suit the brand, may be bigger / smaller than estimated weight / may grow out of them quickly.

I bought loads of size 1's but James always pee'd upwards so he had to go into number 2's after a week (as he needed the back to be bigger so he didn't wet his clothes)

Nappies are always on special so I'd grab a pack or 2 of size 1's and then take it from there

xxxxxxx

It's kinda hard to tell tbh, some babies shoot up, or go through a big jump which means they hardly stay in a particular size. So you could have ages in size 1, then a growth spurt that puts them almost out of size 2, so you hardly need any of them. Iykwim.

Also different brands of nappies suit different shapes of babies. So personally I wouldn't stock up too much. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I was told that if baby went to term, he'd be 8 1/2 - 9lb.
He was born on his due date weighing 6lb.

I had a few Huggies nappies (got before I knew they were stopping making nappies), and a few Pampers.
Pampers were absolutely awful. They hung off him at funny angles and looked enormous.
Huggies fit beautifully.

We've since been through Huggies, Pampers, Tesco, Kiddicare, Boots, and have settled on Aldis own, which fit very well and have never leaked.

As for size... Start in 1s. Once baby starts leaking out of those, move to 2s, etc.

With Cay, he spends a week or so in the next size overnight first, before using them through the day, as I don't change his nappy overnight.

So, once he'd leak out overnight, I'd put him in the next size up, then use the remaining smaller size through the days until they ran out, if that makes sense.

As for how long he spent in each size, I couldn't tell you. Xx

As others have said, you won't know until baby is here. My daughter was 7lb 4 when born but I only kept her in size 1 for about 3 weeks because her poos were epic! She's now 15 weeks and just over 11lb and is still in size 2. You'll want to try different brands too, we've settled on asda, after lots of leaks!!

Amelie was in size 1 for like 10 days then moved to size 2 newborn and at around 7 weeks at size 3 baby dry where she stayed until 6 m old.

Don't stock up. It's no needed at all.
Its so easy to just sent oh to the stores for a fast shopping or just go for a walk with the baby if you are feeling ok.

Also not all brands agree with the baby and you may end up with loads of diapers that thy either leak or cause a rash to your little one.

I would go for 2 packs of size one, 2 packs of size 2 and that's all.

My oh was actually glad to get out and about for 5 min to do a fast shopping ha ha. Anything to not hear a newborn screaming for 15 min lool.

Btw Amelie was born 3.8 kg so not a massive baby by quite a long baby. I could have skipped the size one with no problems and I could be in size 3 baby dry at 2-3 weeks :)
Whatever I got unused (thankfully only a pack of 1 and 2 packs of 2) I used it as a mat under her (open under her) for a bit of diaper free time before bath.

Katie was only 6lb 11 born and in Size 1's for 3 months! Size 2's only lasted 1 months and she then had a growth spurt and into size 3s.

BUT She's only just hit the 12lb mark at 5 months old so your baby might skip size one's all together or be in them longer.

Best best is just to get 1 pack of each size to find out which suits.

(you know when they go up a size when they pee thru the nappy, your duvet and your pjs lol) or it starts to rub them.

My jack was in tiny baby for 2 1/2 months then onto size ones. He is 13 weeks old and I need to move him to number 2's shortly. Also as the ladies have said different brands suit different babies. We've gone through them all and only pampers will do. He literally leaks out of everything else xxxx

Ahhh thanks ladies il behave and not stock up till he/she arrives thank you xx

my lg was in size 1 for a week, size 2 for 3 weeks and size 3 for a couple of months. i hated huggies and pampers and love asda own brand ones so deffo dont stock up as its all trial and error finding which ones suit your lo

My jack was in tiny baby for 2 1/2 months then onto size ones. He is 13 weeks old and I need to move him to number 2's shortly. Also as the ladies have said different brands suit different babies. We've gone through them all and only pampers will do. He literally leaks out of everything else xxxx

Funny how different brands work for different people we have had a nightmare with pampers they leak all the time :wall2::wall2:

I stocked up on pampers before i had little man as they were so cheap but looking bk i wished i hadnt bothered as i now have 80 pampers to use up lol

So far for me i like Tesco nappies x

I agree with whichever poster said not to stock up. I ended up stocking up on Huggies in a baby event & hated them. O leaked out of them almost every time & to not waste money I ended up having to change him every 1.5 hours. Such a palava! You really will become a fan of some brands & not others. I love Asda's Little Angels & Cheeky Bots but I know some members on here that can't get along with them. Its just trial & error.

Harry was 2 weeks overdue but only weighed 6lb 1oz!! He was in tiny nappies at first whoch we obviously didn't think we'd need being second baby and very overdue! He was in size 1's for about 4 weeks, size 2's for about the same and he's been in size 3's for 9 weeks now and still has a bit of room in them.

Defo go for supermarket own brands too, the boys use Kiddicare nappies. A months supply for each boy is £20 and if they out grow a size and i have unused packets i can send them back for the next size for free!! :)

I can only echo what everyone else ha said, we stoked up on little Angels as everyone raves about them - but I hated them! We also had huggies which I didn't like either. We settled on pampers and have had no problems with them.

He was tiny so in size ones for quite a while

Tapatalking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back