Question from a TTCer :)

mrs_b_x

Reaction score
Hello ladies! Firstly massive congrats on ur bfps and pregnancies! A happy and healthy 9 months to you all!

I am curious about pregnancy symptoms and the correlation between them and AF symptoms. So if you normally get spots/cramps/sore boobs before AF did you then also get this with preg?

I ask as I am on 8dpo and driving myself potty! I never have any AF symptoms, my boobs (without meaning to be crude) are useless to me, I don't feel anything in them, ever! I get occasional spots and some very minor cramps.

I'm wondering that as I experience very little AF signs will I get less for preg also? And the other way round? So if someone has lots for AF they will for preg too?!

Any experiences or examples are greatly appreciated!

Xx

Personally I don't think there was any correlation between the two. I never really got AF symptoms, but with my first pregnancy I got pregnancy symptoms almost immediately after conception and knew I had conceived well before I could test!
This time, I didn't get the same symptoms (althought to be fair I am still breastfeeding DS so wouldn't have noticed my boobs anyway) until I got to 6 weeks and then the nausea arrived....

Fingers crossed you get your BFP xxxxx

No my preg symptoms were very diff to af, and any simular ones to af , well its like af is coming early so 7dpo/8dpo and your getting af ones!! So thats a great sign as theres noway it would be coming a week early

The preg symptoms were cramping at 8dpo, i got implantation spotting 3 hrs after cramping and all next day , ( but you dont always get this), i got windy, heartburn that early!! Broken silly sleep, getting up stupidly early etc all before 4 weeks

Good luck to you , hope you get your bfp soon

I used to get af symptoms
The a hey abdominan and back pain and cramping
The feeling of a pressure / build up to a certain bowel movement. (sorry tmi)
But a month on im still getting those along with other symptoms
Heart burn was my first give away and frequent urination x

My period and pregnancy symptoms were really similar but the pregnancy ones were heightened enough to make me know something was different.

We were not trying for a baby but we conceived 7 days into my cycle, 2 days later I had very very thick EWCM and felt dizzy. A few days later I felt cramping so I tested and got a bfn. 2 weeks past and I got my usual build up to period style pains - cramping, sore boobs, a bit of spotting. I woke up one night dripping in sweat (this was really unusual.) However 3 days before I was due my period my boobs ached, I was exhausted constantly and I needed to pee so much. I was also having really vivid dreams, one was about a baby. So on the day I was due it didn't come so I tested and got a bfp straight away.

Thank you for your replies ladies, very useful to hear your experiences! I am only 8doo so fingers crossed some crazy symptoms kick in soon! I keep prodding my boobs desperate for them to hurt! Lol xx

Personally I got all pms symptoms, spots, cramps and sore boobs, but thing that really threw me was the shooting pains as I never had them before. I had a strong gut feeling too xx

Like jjmum said, something was just 'different' xx

I never got any symptoms at all no cramping sore boobs. I only tested as we were ttc! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back