Question for those TTC after miscarriage

Oliviasmommy

Reaction score
Hi all, so I had a blighted ovum and am still going through bleeding from medical treatment. My doctor said after I stop bleeding, we can start trying right away but that she does suggest waiting one cycle.

I’ve heard you’re really fertile after miscarrying and my sister and mom are saying we should start trying again as soon as the bleeding stops as they both miscarried twice and got pregnant right away that way each time before even having a cycle.

Have any of you ladies had any experience with this? How long did you wait?

So sorry for your loss @Oliviasmommy...

I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks and had to have a d&c. It wasn't done well sadly and had positive tests for 11 weeks after the surgery. I had AF type bleeding once after 6 weeks, then the next one was 28 days later like a normal cycle. I had caught after the first AF but since there was still some product of conception stuck in my uterus, I had a chemical. The old tissue passed and then got pregnant again on the next cycle.

I had received the same info as you, BD as soon as you stop bleeding and wait 1 cycle. I didn't really have a choice in the matter but the hard thing about ttc right after a miscarriage, is that you don't know when you are going to ovulate. OPKs don't work due to the HCG in your body and you have no clue as to where you are in your cycle except if it was an early miscarriage like a chemical.

If you feel like you are ready to ttc again after the bleeding stops, I would go for it. I bled for 12 days and then spotted for 4 weeks... It all depends on how far along you were and if everything was removed or not.
Good luck, hope you catch that rainbow soon!x

Hi all, so I had a blighted ovum and am still going through bleeding from medical treatment. My doctor said after I stop bleeding, we can start trying right away but that she does suggest waiting one cycle.

I’ve heard you’re really fertile after miscarrying and my sister and mom are saying we should start trying again as soon as the bleeding stops as they both miscarried twice and got pregnant right away that way each time before even having a cycle.

Have any of you ladies had any experience with this? How long did you wait?

Despite the grief I went through having a mc I started trying straight away. I was only 6 weeks when it happened and so had a complete natural mc which meant I didnt have to wait too long. Was advised to have one proper period and then start trying for dating purposes cos if u fall pregnant after a mc without a proper period in between it's harder to calculate your due date they said.

I started trying straight away and it took 2 cycles so I do believe i was more fertile than usual.

I would say go for it because whilst I'm now 39 weeks pregnant, I realise I will always feel sad about the mc and that won't go away completely. A loss is a loss and the anxiety I had going into this pregnancy would have been really bad regardless of how long I had left trying after the mc.

Sorry to hear you’ve gone through this, I had this. last year too.
I was also told to wait for one cycle, which actually took4 months to happen! So glad I did wait as it would have been a very confusing time if I hadn’t. Hopefully you’ll be back on track quickly, and go for it as soon as you feel ready .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back