Question for Squiglet!

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi there :D

Can you please tell how exactly you were weaning at 12 weeks? Like with what did you start? What time did you give food? How much food? When did you start giving more?

Would be interesting to know your experience :D Thanks :hug:

OOo... just noticed this... :)

I gave Tia a spoon full of baby rice... (about a dessert spoonful) for the first meal... with loads of breast milk... Dunno how much, because I expressed it direct into the bowl... but it was enough to make it like the consistency of thick milk. I gave her one meal a day at around 3pm when she was due a feed... she got the food first then I finished with breast feeding her (mainly because she had a nasty habit of using me for a dummy and falling asleep and not fully eating and she would grump at me if I woke her)...

I only ever gave her baby rice at first (was too afraid to give anything else) because all the the other foods said from 4 months.... so when she got to 4 months thats when I introduced other foods like Mulipa sunshine breakfast cereal and different types of fruit/veg, like apple puree and carrot... Dunno if they still make it? :think:

I started giving more to her when she seemed to demand more, not sure if that makes sense, but she would feed from both breasts require about 40mls of formula and still not settle for more than 20 mins ... she just seemed hungry... so she started getting breakfast around 10am and dinner around 6pm (mainly because dinner meant she slept better at night because her belly was full)...

Then when she was around 24 weeks she started cruising the furniture and that when I had to start with three meals a day because she was just starving all the time.

I just tried to give her a wide variety of foods... Usually the powdered ones you make up with milk, because they were cheaper (I was pretty broke) and I could use breast milk which made me feel happier that she was still getting my goodness so to speak... and I would follow the instructions on the packet as to how much to give her... and top her up with breast milk after wards.

When you wean early its all trial and error tbh... You try them with things, see how they go, if its too much then you cut back, if its not enough you try a bit more. As long as their weight is stable and they aren't under/over weight then there shouldn't be a problem.

Also you need to remember to offer boiled water when they start eating, because they get thirsty.

Thanks Squiglet :D I started on baby rice, second time today, and again, Daniel munched it :cheer:

I have to admit Tia ADORED her food... she still does when she's growing :) I knew I had made the right decision with feeding her early just by her reaction over the first few feeds... she seemed sooo satisfied... finally full and would gobble the food off the spoon. I felt sad that I wasn't enough for her, but she was a large baby and grew so fast.

She's really tall (134cm) but not in the least bit overweight, she's like a bean pole really (people keep asking me if I feed her :roll:) , so it certainly wasn't the makings of an overweight baby.

When he gets used to the baby rice, -you could start on a bit of cooked apple pureed, or a pure made with a bit of orange juice, half an apple and half a banana. most babies think it is yummmy :dance: :dance:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back