QUESTION FOR MIDWIFE

BABBY

Reaction score
Hello, I did not knwo my LMP I just knew it was in June and I went for a dating scan and was told I was 10weeks pregnant. Is this very accurate and do all babies grow at the same rate in early pregnancy?

Thanks.

Babs

Hi Babs,

When did you have your scan??? If they just told you, you were 10wks is it possible you could be wrong about your lmp. If in fact you had a lmp in June then you should be much further then 10wks My lmp was in July and I almost 16wks. It is possible that babies grow differently but not like that. How about blood testing to check the HCG levels, have you had any done?? That would be able to confirm the amount of weeks you are. Hope this is helped somewhat and made things more confusing. Let us know how things go.

xoxo Ree

I had my dating scan on the 18 Aug and they said I was 10 weeks and 2 days, my LMP was in June but not sure when, they said it would have been the 07 June and that would have made me 10 weeks and 2 days but I was just wondering are the early dating scans accurate and did anyone know there LMP and if so when they had a dating scan were they accurate to your dates within a week or so.

Thanks

I had a scan at 5 weeks and they gave me the due date of 12 Feb - I am now 23 weeks and my due date has only been changed by one day - to the 11th. I would say that early scans are pretty reliable, obviously there is always an expection but i would go by your scan date at the moment which i believe would make you 19+2 today?

hope your feeling well otherwise - is this your first?

xxx

Hiya Jessika, thanks for that, so did their dates agree with yours providing you knew when your LMP was? Yes is it my first, can you tell? I feel so anxious and worried about everything all the time, it feels weird to know that I'll have this little baby totally dependent on me, scary!!!

i know how you feel - it's really scary but nice at the same time. I didnt know my LMP because i had been on depro and was very irregular - we worked it out to be 8th May, then concieved 20th to give EDD of 11 Feb 06. I really wouldnt worry too much - as long as your MW says all is fine with teh growth then you have nothing to worry about. Are you due a 20 wk scan soon? Get urself a ticker too they're fun to help count down!

Hiya Jessika, I have my anomaly scan on the 09 Nov, by then I'll be 22 weeks and 1 day. Yeh, I'm sure it's all okay.

Thanks for your help and support.

Hiya Jessika, me again. What was your babys CRL when you had a scan at 10 weeks and 2 days??

Thanks

OMG i have no idea!!! (does that make me a bad mum i wonder???) They didnt take any measurements until the 20 wk scan

Don't worry Jessika, I know that some hospitals don't tell you the measurements. Did you have a nuchal scan, I did at 13 weeks and 6 days and the CRL was 82mm

no had the triple test instead as very low risk due to age. I had one scan at 5 weeks, one at 10 wks and one at 20 wks

Okay, thanks anyway Jessika, just being a worry wart again. How are you feeling. any movement yet? I haven't felt anything so far, can't wait for the kicks.

i first started feeling movement around 19wks but now he doesnt stop!! He keeps getting hiccups too - so sweet (apart from when i am trying to sleep!) how about you?

No, nothing yet, not vene flutters. I think I have a lazy one here, can't wait for the kicks as it must be an amazing feeling!!! I'll be 20 weeks on Tuesday so hopefully from then on he/she will wake up.

fingers crossed for you - it's my first so i wasnt sure what it was at first but soon no mistaking it! Hope you feel your little one soon xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back