Question for dummy users

CARNAT22

Reaction score
James refuses his next size up dummies?

He is still on smallest ones.

I know using a dummy isn't ideal but he won't nap or fall asleep without it so it's staying for the time being... can using smaller dummies cause any problems though?

Shall I try and make him take the bigger size?

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I don't know to be honest if it causes harm. I moved my son up to the next size early cos he is big for his age, and I think the dummy was too small for his big gob! Lol! He was sucking it so hard, it would leave an impression around his mouth. Since we started giving him bigger ones it doesn't happen so much.

Does you little fella have any teeth yet? That would be my main concern. I would've thought dummies for older babies would be designed not to effect their teeth. I'm paranoid about my son having one once he has teeth, that it will make them crooked, although I'm sure it's not true and just me being paranoid!

Amelie got the smaller size stuck in her mouth the wrong way around so I just got out of mind out of side the small ones and offered her only the big ones. Take it or leave it lol. In one day she had no problem (all that when she was 5 m old)
I think that's the only problem that the smaller ones can fit in their mouth so when they try to put it in by themselves they may get stuck with it?
Obviously depends of the brand and how big or small they are.

Good point hopes! I'd never thought of that, even though my son has recently tried to eat his dummy on more than occassion!

He can't currently fit the smaller one in his mouth and he still doesn't have teeth bless him.

The bigger ones are exactly same brand and style etc... he just kind of gags on them and spits them out.

Think I'll persevere with bigger ones for his next nap...

xxxxxxxxx

Amelie did the gagging too, it didn't last more than a coupe of days though she was younger and with a stronger gag reflex back then.
He may as well be over it sooner than Amelie

Grace is 21 months and still has the clear plain newborn size! I refused to go up in sizes in the hope she would lose interest, no such luck but I'm still not buying them lol

Rumaisa is stil ob first size , she don't like the others

Well he's currently having a nap dummy-less :lol:

I offered him the bigger one and he refused.

xxxxx

Carnat I've pmd you! Need your help with a slightly similar issue! X

Cay's got mixture now.

He has his smaller one for naps at home and bedtime, and a bigger one on his buggy for when we're out.
Purely because I haven't brought enough bigger ones to cover indoors yet.

He's fine with either size (both Tommee Tippee cherry), but the smaller one sometimes when he's sucking it his bottom lip will pop out under the plastic shield, if that make sense?
Doesn't seem to bother him at all.

He really dropped his usage which is why I didn't bother buying enough to replace them all, I thought he was giving them up, but then he got tonsillitis and went mad on them again. I think he just needed the comfort, but I'm hoping he'll drop them again soon xx

Jackson is a very fussy dummy user. We had loads of diff ones to try him on, eventually the only one he will take sometimes (usually if very tired) is the avent ones.

So I got him the 1st size and then new big size the other day and he didn't take the bigger one atall he hated it even though its the exact same teat, just bigger.

So for all that he uses it, we have stuck with the first size.

Chloe loves the big cheap pound shop dummies :-/ we bought some Avent dummies and also another make (can't remember the name) but she is so much happier with the big cheap dummies....she has never gagged on them so I've just let her have them.

Hope he sleeps ok all night without one :) x

Last edited:
Cam uses newborn and the big ones. We never took the smaller away and he's 2.5. dont think it matters....

next week however....the dummy fairy is taking them!

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back