Question for anyone who had an epidural

OverTheMoon

Reaction score
Are you finding a weakness in your back now?
It took the anethetist three attempts to get my tube in my back, on the first two attempts he touched a nerve it really bloody hurt and felt very strange and made my leg shoot up in the air.
Now my bub is 7 weeks old and I still get aching pain in that particular spot - not all the time but just when I am a bit tired or have been sitting slouched (like now, at my computer!!). I am worried this may be permanent damage and my doc just said to bear it in mind for future pregnancies.......... :cry:

I have had the odd day when my back aches but nothing to agonising!!! for a few weeks after the birth my back was a bit sore and when i felt where the needle went in it felt 'bubbley' as if there was fluid there and also quite numb.... thats all gone now thou. I had a spinal too so it could have been from that or epidural!

IV NOT HAD ANY BAD SIDE EFFECTS...
I LOVED THE EPIDUREL GOD KNOWS HOW WOMAN DO IWITH OUT IT

I loved the epidural at the time but I had horrible side effects afterwards. I had a spinal headache and almost daily I would get really achey(my back and even my arms).

i've been aching in my back and shoulders. didn't think it could be to do with epidurel i thought it was coz i'm carrying a baby around constantly lol also had spinal cord too xxx

what does ur doc mean bear it in mind with future pregnancys?

i had a bad back ache when i gave birth to Braydon but i didnt have any pain relief my doc just sed it was the way my bck adapted to the pregnancy, labour and giving birth

but that was 5 years ago I had my epidurel so what does this back ache sound like. I'm always carrying around my son he's a big baby. a mammys boy so i think its to do with him xxx

abbie - not really sure what the doc meant to be honest but probably just that i would have to take it easy so as not to aggravate the problem....?
Sarah your baby has a LOVELY name - just had to say that! xxx

I had two epidurals, the first one only took on one side so I still had 50% worth of pain it felt horrible, so they re-did it and it worth perfectly, but then my contractions eased off a bit, which can be a side effect.

I asked for an epidural in the end. As some of you know already I had to be induced after being in labour for 70 hours as my waters had broken at some point on the Friday, and the contractions were not dilating me quickly / effectively enough. Anyone who has had the oxytocin drip will sympathise but it felt as though contractions were starting at their peak with no build up at all - very difficult to cope with - especially after having three sleepless nights already.

I coped with gas/air for around 5 hours after the drip was started but then frankly could take no more. Anyway I'm afraid to say the epi didn't work at all. Because of how horrible it was having it done in the first place (contractions were 1-2 mins apart and I had to sit upright and stay perfectly still), I didn't want it re-sited at first, but eventually I asked for them to call her back to try again. Anyway by the time the anaesthatist got back I was feeling the urge to push so the midwife got her revenge when she told her to clear off!!

BUT I'm pleased to say I suffered no ill effects from the epidural - that really would have been the final straw I think!

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back