Question for anyone thats been to a Breastfeeding class???

babyslog

Reaction score
A quick one sorry.

Im going to one next wednesday.

Did you bring our OHs with you?
Ill be 37+2 and with my PGP i dnt like driving much or going anywhere on my todd anymore.
So he was guna come with me... But i dnt want him to be the only man there and feel embarrased talking about nips and boobs lol!

X

Last edited:
Mine came and the rest of the ladies brought theirs. It's actually good them being there as they hear about the difficulties and stresses of breastfeeding and can be encouraging when you have to go through it.

On a different note, I hope yours is better than mine was. Our coordinator was against routines, anyone that would consider bottle feeding, anyone that would stop breastfeeding before their baby reached the age of 2. One of those kinds.
If you have someone like that, just ignore the stuff that annoys you and take away the stuff you agree with!

Ohhh great! Ud think someone taking the class would be more open minded and not side to pacticular opinions!

Im going to take everything in.. All the info but stick to my guns and try my very very best at BFings.

Thats why i wanted him to come so he knows how hard its probs guna be for me!!

Thanks for ur reply hun xx

I think that's the best attitude to have! Some people I know have loved their class but were unlucky and had a crappy coordinator.

I hope you find it really good chick!x

i went to one the other week, there was only about 4 ladies there, one brought her child (approx 12) one bought her mum, other two (inc me) on own.

She did demo with a knitted boob and lots of pics on tv, but i think it is good to have OH there.
He can learn too, also sometimes you cant remember everything.

He is very good going , dont think my OH would. xx

Ive booked my breastfeeding antenatal class and the mw on the phone advised me that men weren't allowed to this class so it will be best to check with your hospital before you turn up incase he's not allowed in. :) xx

Hosp website does say you can ring someone or partners are welcome to attended.

So think ill drag him along :) x

At mine there were lots of men there, they openly encouraged it. They were very pro breastfeeding (as you'd expect) and I was a little taken aback when one lady said she was still breastfeeding her 17 month old and her 4 year old!!!

I went on my own, I just thought it would be for us ladies. When I got there there was only one husband and wife and myself, nobody else had bothered to turn up!! It was awkward in the waiting room as the mw asked him if he intended to come in and he said yes. She said generally it was just for the women as it could cause embarrassment. He said he wouldn't be embarrassed at all, cue more squirming as she explained, not for him but for the women LOL but as it was just me she asked if I was ok with it. I didn't have any issues with it at all and wished my Dh had come after all.

I think he was a medical student though as he never stopped asking questions of a medical kind with regard to breast feeding, I don't think I got a word in edge ways, but it was a very informative session lol and they were a lovely couple, I really enjoyed it. Even the tutours said it was the best session they had done.

I've been to 4 parent craft classes and the attendance has been less than half the expected people, a poor show, such a shame.

But different but I went to a bf group (to try to get this baby into a bottle!) and men weren't allowed xx

Can i ask what happens in the class? I dont have to get my boobs out do i? lol xxx

I hope not lmao! I have no milk in them yet or child to practice with lmao!
I guess the women would show videos and leaflets etc..
Mines 2hrs long! Xx

LMAO I did wonder about that myself. No, no boobs hanging out in my class.

It was leaflets, videos, chat and question time.

ah good to here haha!! I really had no idea what to expect lol and was nervous about going by myself but if its just leaflets, questions, chat and video thats not too bad. Yeah mine is 2hrs long too - got mine next month, my labour and birth is 4hrs long!! xxx

Lol! No mine had a knitted boob she kept stroking.

Er it's a good thing I've seen these knitted boobs online, as otherwise this would have sounded extremely creepy lol

Haha that does sound extremely creepy haha xx

Hahaha im off to google a knitted boob!

I hope not lmao! I have no milk in them yet or child to practice with lmao!
I guess the women would show videos and leaflets etc..
Mines 2hrs long! Xx

I bet you do!!
I learnt on the workshop oi went to how to 'squeeze' and release a bit of milk (demo'd on the knitted boob) , she said go home and practice!!

Ha ha so I have , def milk there!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back