question for all those who are 38 weeks and over :-)

laetitia85

Reaction score
What are the items you will buy at the very last minute?

I still need to get:
- more nappies
- formula (I'm planning to breastfeed ans use formula occasionally)
- Perhaps more toiletteries
- A changing bag (will get that this week)
- A few toys (but I'm expecting to get loads as gifts)

I had got everything by about 36 weeks but should of waited longer to get nursing bras. Got them at 36 weeks and since then have grown another cup size! :shock: So I would leave it right til the last possible minute to get them. Got nothing left to get now but I didn't expect to still b pregnant now!

I have nothing left to buy. :dance:

Got plenty of everything in so I don't have to go to the shops and wait in the christmas ques. I have even got all my Christmas pressies and cards in. xxx

waw! your so organised nie! ive got a few.. and i mean 2-3 presents to get yet.. 2 bottles of wine for the BIL and SIL and something for my mother.. face cream prob. for her wrinkles. :lol: . and my best freinds daughter some scoobydoo slippers... havent got xmas cards.. cant really be bothered with them this year think i will just get mum.. and mil them..

anyways.. bk to the topic! lol

i know im not 38 weeks.. but i have done it before.. dont bother getting the baby toys.. perhaops get him 1 small pram teddy you can tie onto the pram/car seat and that can be his 1st ever thing you bought him..(charlotte has one off my best friend she still has now.. she loves it.. very very soft) my only other toy would be a cot light/nursary light thing such as the winnie the pooh thing.. and use it from very early on.. babys find them fasinating.. charlotte loved hers.. the ones that project onto the celing are very good....

as for nappies.. how many packets have you got?
what formular have you decided on?
and toiletrys? such as? i would suggest.. new toothbrush and toothpaste.. so they are always in the bag, a few flannels (wash them 1st) and get some re-usable pots/ sqirty bottle things and fill your own shampoo conditioner and shower gel? or use sachettes sent from companys.. you could even regester with a few sites.. they send usually within a few days... or travel sized bottles (i find these a waste of money though lol) as you will also have loads!! and i mean loads of other stuff int he bag.. you dont need big bottles to take up loads of space

also i would suggest a carrier bag.. for dirty clothes and washing.
i would take about 7+ pairs of knickers.. lots of night time or maternity pads..and dont forget change.. for drinks and food.. hospital food is minging!

ive designated my mother to make us sandwiches if we end up going in.. and she can bring us some on her way lol..

Take paper knickers to the hospital with you to save your own, you can just rip the knicvkers and the pad off and chuck them in the bin when you experience lochia loss.

mrs_tommo22 said:
Take paper knickers to the hospital with you to save your own, you can just rip the knicvkers and the pad off and chuck them in the bin when you experience lochia loss.

...or cheapy granny pants - I just threw them away with the pad.

In fact I told my hubby that if I EVER wear those knickers for normal use, to make sure that I change them! :rotfl:

do u need nursing bras if u aren't planning on breast feeding

after the new reprots today about dirty toilets and showers reprorted in hopstials... i am buying hygeine gel and wipes and also flip flops to wear in the showers..

Gruntie2 said:
i am buying hygeine gel and wipes and also flip flops to wear in the showers..

We've just bought some of that gel to go in our changing bag

Gruntie2 said:
do u need nursing bras if u aren't planning on breast feeding

after the new reprots today about dirty toilets and showers reprorted in hopstials... i am buying hygeine gel and wipes and also flip flops to wear in the showers..

That's what I'm doing too. From past experience, the shower floors were rank :puke:

If you're definitely not going to breast feed, then don't bother buying nursing bras.

Kylie1007 said:
Gruntie2 said:
i am buying hygeine gel and wipes and also flip flops to wear in the showers..

We've just bought some of that gel to go in our changing bag

I bought some too. Great for when you're out and about :)

lisa&alex said:
waw! your so organised nie! ive got a few.. and i mean 2-3 presents to get yet.. 2 bottles of wine for the BIL and SIL and something for my mother.. face cream prob. for her wrinkles. :lol: . and my best freinds daughter some scoobydoo slippers... havent got xmas cards.. cant really be bothered with them this year think i will just get mum.. and mil them..

anyways.. bk to the topic! lol

i know im not 38 weeks.. but i have done it before.. dont bother getting the baby toys.. perhaops get him 1 small pram teddy you can tie onto the pram/car seat and that can be his 1st ever thing you bought him..(charlotte has one off my best friend she still has now.. she loves it.. very very soft) my only other toy would be a cot light/nursary light thing such as the winnie the pooh thing.. and use it from very early on.. babys find them fasinating.. charlotte loved hers.. the ones that project onto the celing are very good....

as for nappies.. how many packets have you got?
what formular have you decided on?
and toiletrys? such as? i would suggest.. new toothbrush and toothpaste.. so they are always in the bag, a few flannels (wash them 1st) and get some re-usable pots/ sqirty bottle things and fill your own shampoo conditioner and shower gel? or use sachettes sent from companys.. you could even regester with a few sites.. they send usually within a few days... or travel sized bottles (i find these a waste of money though lol) as you will also have loads!! and i mean loads of other stuff int he bag.. you dont need big bottles to take up loads of space

also i would suggest a carrier bag.. for dirty clothes and washing.
i would take about 7+ pairs of knickers.. lots of night time or maternity pads..and dont forget change.. for drinks and food.. hospital food is minging!

ive designated my mother to make us sandwiches if we end up going in.. and she can bring us some on her way lol..

I've got two packets of newborn nappies so far.
and I've decided on SMA formula.
Last minute things will be things like food and change. but i do have extra batteries for the camera. i also need to get an international phone card to call family abroad :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back