question for 37 weeks and above mums-to-be

melhoney

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 38 weeks and a half now, and just wondered if you were experiencing the same thing as me: baby is MOVING A LOT these days, and that surprises me!
She has been head down for 4/5 weeks now, and even last week, MW wrote engaged on my notes, but I have had no signs of labour at all(you know, no period pains, no nothing!!!! :shock: )...and as I said, baby seems enjoying pushing my tummy on every side (ouch!! :eek: )

Is this normal? I thought babies were slowing down in the end!?

please let me know what you think!!!
Mel xx

Hi Mel

My little one doesn't seem to be getting less active either, my baby is still back to back so I think that's why I still get lots of movement to the front as it's the limbs that are poking out - if the back were at the front of my tummy then I don't think I'd feel as much movement.

Not long for you now!

Lucy
40 + 1

Hey girls,

l thought the same as you Mel, that movements and things would slow down a bit. Thats not the case at all, he/she is still moving strongly now! Last time l saw the midwife was nearly 2 weeks ago, baby was moving well then. Also baby was head down, although not engaged,... 2 weeks before that appointment l was told baby was breeched, which l was a little worried about. I am due to see the midwife this friday so maybe baby will be properly engaged by then.

Don't worry if you don't have any signs yet, sure its not a problem. l would say l have not really had much signs, period pain twinges here and there though. But last night l got quite bad cramps, moreso than usual! they woke me up. l did eventually get to sleep though,......glad as it was 12.30 in the morning!!

So don't worry if there is no signs yet, you still have over a week to go, and anything can happen between now and then.

Fluffy. xx :lol:

hey mel,

no worries you're all good! and if you feel baby moving that's always a good sign

baby was stretching my pelvis from weeks 32/33 so thats when i started to be less mobile, and it was head down. but since then i have had the same very strong movements which mean that yes it has slowed down but it's so big you can feel them much more (feels as if it could kick through the skin :shock: )
and i also feel movements round the front, on the right side mostly, although it is not back to back
i love when it moves, that's when we play little games together such as 'where is the foot?!'. oh i must sound mad saying things like that...

let us know of any changes xxx

pips said:
i love when it moves, that's when we play little games together such as 'where is the foot?!'. oh i must sound mad saying things like that...

You are not mad Pips, l love stroking my belly and playing games too. lts amazing, l have only recently started feeling baby's arms and legs poking around and its a wonderful thing! :lol:

Thanks girls, it is a little bit reassuring :)
I also can feel feet especially...according to MW, she is not back to back, and very often, if not always, I can see 2 big rounds pocking out of my tummy, one on the left side on my belly button, and one just under my right-hand side ribs...sometimes in the morning, when I wake up, I can nearly see the whole body on my right side...
it's funny, and painful at times!

Another question for you: do you still feel the hiccups? I do, and thought I should not if the head is engaged! :?

not long for you either girls...you are closer than me!!!!

take care
Mel xx

melhoney said:
Another question for you: do you still feel the hiccups? I do, and thought I should not if the head is engaged! :?

Yup, l still feel the hiccups, just last night actually. My man put his head against my belly and he could feel them and hear them, that doesn't neccesarily mean head is not engaged, it just means that baby is swallowing fluids etc. and my midwife told me its a very good sign that baby is getting hiccups, so don't worry hun. :lol:

Fluffy. xx

thanks Fluffy!!!

As much as I like feeling baby moving, I hate feeling hiccups...makes me feel helpless, and it is so strong!!!!!!!!!!! it's nearly once a day at least!

I know they say hiccups are good signs, but I can't stop thinking it's the position I sit, or sleep which triggers hiccups...makes me feel guilty :oops:

I guess I need to relax, and wait for valentine's Day...when I see my MW next time!
if baby has not shown her little face yet, OH has promised to take me to a Thai restaurant (my favourite food) and I will take a spicy salad :lol: :lol: to help things moving...maybe!

Do you feel hiccups, often? for me, it's often after I have had food and drinks...funny! :D

mel xx

Yeah, l know how you feel when baby gets hiccups. l know this sounds awful but it feels almost annoying, makes your belly jerk all over the place! Don't really know when baby gets hiccups, l think any time really. Yeah l do get them quite frequently and sometimes they last for ages!! :lol:

Fluffy. xx

I get worried when I don't feel her move for a while, and then when she does feel I could do without it sometimes as she's really quite strong now and lets me know if she doesn't like the way I'm sitting!

The hiccups are funny. Her head is partially engaged so I feel bumps up under my ribs and at the other end (oooh er), which is really quite odd! Do you ever find yourself holding your breath as though that would stop your LO's hiccups?

yea, I try to breath differently, more regularly, and I put my hand where I feel the hiccups, to try to calm her, but it rarely works!!!! :roll:

I think it's her bum that I can feel moving with her feet and heels esp.!!! my tummy is in a very funny shape, most of the time...not at all round! :lol:

I am the same: if I don't feel her moving, I get really stressed out, but sometimes, like yesterday, I wish she could take some sleep...It seems to me she carried on moving ALL DAY LONG yesterday till 10pm last night!!
Today she has calmed down a bit. ouf!

Any signs of labour, skidoo? or anyone else? how are you feeling?

Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back