Question about headaches...

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by LauraMummyToBe, May 29, 2013.

1. LauraMummyToBe

LauraMummyToBe Well-Known Member

Strange I know but I've been getting frequent headaches which I understand is normal in pregnancy, but these headaches will start in the morning and last all day without going away!

I have taken paracetamol for them and they just don't budge, I've tried lying in a dark room and that doesn't work. The only thing I've noticed that seems to work for a very short period of time is eating...? Is there any such thing as a hunger headache? (Haha) but still they come back about 5 minutes later just as bad. From the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed, all day, every day. So painful and annoying!

If anyone else has had these... What did you do to get rid of them? :/

2. Sprk

Sprk Well-Known Member

Yes, there are hunger headaches. My dh gets them if he skips a meal, and for him they can last days. I have had them before too. Usually it's accompanied by feeling really out of it and maybe feeling confused. I would eat and have a lay down. Bring it up with your dr or mw if they won't go away.

3. LauraMummyToBe

I get them pretty much every day but on a good week I only have to deal with them for 2 days.

The thing about eating too... I've literally go no appetite! I'm keeping food down and such but I have no desire to eat, maybe I should force myself considering these headaches? X

4. ellesbells

ellesbells Well-Known Member

I've had similar and given up taking paracetamol as it never worked. I found eating, a bit of caffeine like a can of diet coke, or using that forehead stick thing can help or I give up and go to bed as soon as I can. :(

5. Sprk

Sprk Well-Known Member

I would give it a try. Small portions thought the day. I have little desire to eat, but I force myself to so I don't get undernourished and end up with headache. Sometimes it's just some nuts and raisins. Just made some bread so I can have toast when I want it too.

6. ellesbells

Oh and dehydration! I have found I need to drink much more fluid now I'm preggers. If I don't it adds to the headaches. Oh you could try reflexology or massage too in case it's tension too.

7. LauraMummyToBe

Thank you ladies, think I'll take my 1hr and a half nap whilst OH watches football (yaaay, the joys haha) then get myself some beans on wholemeal toast!

Unhealthy and healthy at the same time! :) xxx

8. ellesbells

If you consider that unhealthy I'm stuffed. I've had three chocolate bars today :(

9. Sprk

Sprk Well-Known Member

I forgot all about that. We are supposed to have plenty of water! *goes to get a glass of water*

10. LauraMummyToBe

I'm awful when it comes to drinking, I tend to like fizzy drinks as they helped my morning sickness! I cannot stand water, it is just so... Tasteless and boring!
    I can't even stand the taste of milk, ugh!

11. Sprk

Sprk Well-Known Member

Sometimes fuzzy drinks can actually dry us out. Although I have them too. If you want to flair your water, sit it in a jug in the fridge with some berries in it, or lemon slices.

12. ellesbells

Fizzy flavoured water?

13. MrsS143

MrsS143 Well-Known Member

Try diluting juice
    if you have too much caffeine that might give the head aches too x

14. LauraMummyToBe

Mmm, I might have to try the berries and lemon slices, sounds lovely! X

15. purple_pianos

purple_pianos Well-Known Member

I've really got into a glass of water with a lemon slice, livens it up a bit!

I'm bad at drinking enough though, always have been, its a real effort now I'm pregnant to try and drink enough!