Question about headaches...

LauraMummyToBe

Reaction score
Strange I know but I've been getting frequent headaches which I understand is normal in pregnancy, but these headaches will start in the morning and last all day without going away!

I have taken paracetamol for them and they just don't budge, I've tried lying in a dark room and that doesn't work. The only thing I've noticed that seems to work for a very short period of time is eating...? Is there any such thing as a hunger headache? (Haha) but still they come back about 5 minutes later just as bad. From the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed, all day, every day. So painful and annoying!

If anyone else has had these... What did you do to get rid of them? :/

Yes, there are hunger headaches. My dh gets them if he skips a meal, and for him they can last days. I have had them before too. Usually it's accompanied by feeling really out of it and maybe feeling confused. I would eat and have a lay down. Bring it up with your dr or mw if they won't go away.

I get them pretty much every day but on a good week I only have to deal with them for 2 days.

The thing about eating too... I've literally go no appetite! I'm keeping food down and such but I have no desire to eat, maybe I should force myself considering these headaches? X

I've had similar and given up taking paracetamol as it never worked. I found eating, a bit of caffeine like a can of diet coke, or using that forehead stick thing can help or I give up and go to bed as soon as I can. :(

I would give it a try. Small portions thought the day. I have little desire to eat, but I force myself to so I don't get undernourished and end up with headache. Sometimes it's just some nuts and raisins. Just made some bread so I can have toast when I want it too.

Oh and dehydration! I have found I need to drink much more fluid now I'm preggers. If I don't it adds to the headaches. Oh you could try reflexology or massage too in case it's tension too.

Thank you ladies, think I'll take my 1hr and a half nap whilst OH watches football (yaaay, the joys haha) then get myself some beans on wholemeal toast!

Unhealthy and healthy at the same time! :) xxx

If you consider that unhealthy I'm stuffed. I've had three chocolate bars today :(

Oh and dehydration! I have found I need to drink much more fluid now I'm preggers. If I don't it adds to the headaches. Oh you could try reflexology or massage too in case it's tension too.

I forgot all about that. We are supposed to have plenty of water! *goes to get a glass of water*

I'm awful when it comes to drinking, I tend to like fizzy drinks as they helped my morning sickness! I cannot stand water, it is just so... Tasteless and boring!
I can't even stand the taste of milk, ugh!

Sometimes fuzzy drinks can actually dry us out. Although I have them too. If you want to flair your water, sit it in a jug in the fridge with some berries in it, or lemon slices.

Try diluting juice
if you have too much caffeine that might give the head aches too x

Mmm, I might have to try the berries and lemon slices, sounds lovely! X

I've really got into a glass of water with a lemon slice, livens it up a bit!

I'm bad at drinking enough though, always have been, its a real effort now I'm pregnant to try and drink enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back