Question about Egg Collection

Bambi42

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I've got egg collection in the morning and have been given instructions, one of which is to bring a nightie or tshirt with me to wear in theatre. I don't have a nightie and my tshirts don't cover my bum so I'm wondering if its purpose is to cover my modesty walking into the room or if its just to keep the top half warm? Any ideas? Its a really wild day and the trains are cancelled so I really can't face driving into town to go shopping for a nightie. My OH's T-shirts aren't much longer than mine.

Also for those of you who took CoQ10 on the advice of a consultant / accupuncturist (rather than just a friend) did you carry on taking it up to the pregnancy test result or did you stop at EC or transfer?

Thanks xx

I was provided with a hospital gown but they said to bring a dressing gown - which was yes just to cover my bum as I walked to theatre lol.

It’s a while ago now but I’m pretty sure I continued to take it, are you able to ask your consultant or accupuncturist what they suggest?

Thanks @xMillie My other half drove me to the shops and eventually I found a nightie long enough that wasn’t a granny one, or sheer and lacy!

My consultant didn’t say much about CoQ10, it was my friends consultant who highly recommended it. I’ll ask my accupuncture at.

Sending you baby dust, sounds like you’ve had a really challenging time. X

Hey hun, I took a dressing gown with me and as millie said, it was just to cover your bum as you walk to theatre, so if you have one of those instead take that :)

With regards to q10 I took that right until I took my pregnancy test and once I had my positive I was told to stop by my accupuncturist.

Sending you a huge hug for tomorrow hun. When you get home just take it easy and rest. It will feel a bit uncomfortable, so wear lose clothing (baggy joggers or just a dressing gown etc) so that you don't have any pressure on your belly. It takes a few days to go down :) so just take it easy.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Xx

Good luck for tomorrow @Bambi42 I’ll be thinking of you! Hope to hear double figures!!

On the subject of Co10 - what dosage are you guys taking and is it co10 or ubiquinol? My nhs clinic stick to the strict mantra of Folic acid & vitamin D. Would be grateful if anyone could shed some light x

Hi @Jezby im taking 2x 300 a day, always with food or they make me feel queazy. It’s CoQ10 I’ve got. Buy them online as the health food shops only sell them in low doses. See pic .

My consultant said they wouldn’t do any harm. My friends consultant in Oz was very encouraging about them and she’s now pregnant naturally after a few failed ivf. Xx

9940C9AA-BF90-4C30-A3F9-187CC9A30D1E.jpeg

Hi girls,
Egg collection went fine, getting knocked out is tremendous!
We got 7 eggs (none were hiding so that’s exact same figure as my last scan) and sperm was good.

Home now feeling sleepy and little tender but as procedures go that was easy. And I got wheeled in to theatre on the bed so the nightie was just to wear, not to protect my modesty walking down the corridor.

Thanks for all the support xx

Now time to put your feet up and let the scientists do their thing!

Fingers crossed for you xx

Hi girls,
Egg collection went fine, getting knocked out is tremendous!
We got 7 eggs (none were hiding so that’s exact same figure as my last scan) and sperm was good.

Home now feeling sleepy and little tender but as procedures go that was easy. And I got wheeled in to theatre on the bed so the nightie was just to wear, not to protect my modesty walking down the corridor.

Thanks for all the support xx
Well done! Rem its quality not quantity and 7 is great going. Feet up and be nice to yourself - you might well feel bloated and uncomfy for a bit.

Sending postive thoughts and prayers your way for the next bit - hang in there xx

Bambi that's a fab number! So pleased for you! Can't wait to hear how they've all got on over night x

Hi girls,

Got my Day 3 embryo results and it’s good news. They are scored out of 5 with 5 being the highest score at my clinic.

We’ve got
1 x 5 (8 cells)
1 x 4 (8 cells)
1x 4 (6 cells)
1 x stopped growing but might perk up and then we’ll get a score
1 x not making the grade

(7 at egg collection, 5 fertilised)

So I’m really relieved that it’s looking hopeful for 5 day transfer and that we might have one or two to freeze.

I’m also amazed that we’ve got 3 high scores, one being ‘top quality’ and 2 almost top quality, because every single doctor has told me my eggs will be the problem because I’m over 40. So, is that an unfair blanket diagnosis for all women 40+ or is it the C0q10 and not boozing, eating well that’s improved my chances?

Still a long way to go to Saturday and then the dreaded 2WW but praying for a miracle. Feel like crying, never slept a wink last night worrying about this, so relieved!

Xx

Last edited:
This is amazing news Bambi.
Delighted for you. I am praying you get your little miracle at the end of this <3 x

Amazing news Bambi! 2 more sleeps and then the hard bits over for you!

Hi girls,

Got my Day 3 embryo results and it’s good news. They are scored out of 5 with 5 being the highest score at my clinic.

We’ve got
1 x 5 (8 cells)
1 x 4 (8 cells)
1x 4 (6 cells)
1 x stopped growing but might perk up and then we’ll get a score
1 x not making the grade

(7 at egg collection, 5 fertilised)

So I’m really relieved that it’s looking hopefully for 5 day transfer and that I might have one or two to freeze.

I’m also amazed that we’ve got 3 high scores, one being ‘top quality’ and 2 almost top quality, because every single doctor has told me my eggs will be the problem because I’m over 40. So, is that an unfair blanket diagnosis for all women 40+ or is it the C0q10 and not boozing, eating well that’s improved my chances?

Still a long way to go to Saturday and then the dreaded 2WW but praying for a miracle. Feel like crying, never slept a wink last night worrying about this, so relieved!

Xx

Thats great! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back