question about cm (tmi)

melhoney

Reaction score
So here we are:
usually aound the time of ovulation, i have translucid sticky cm. This cycle, i haven't had this yet...it is creamy white...i feel wet most of the time, its note pleasant. Now according to my ticker i shld ov tomorrow.

Why is it different this time? Do you think it will come? When do you get ewcm? Before/during/after ov?
If it does not come does it mean i haven't ovulated then?

Confused...sorry if i am thick!

Hi hun.

Normally before OV, you would experience little or no CM as before OV, you're not fertile. Then leading up to OV, it should be white and sticky and not stretchy. As you get closer to ovulation, it should increase in volume and then around ovulation your CM should be like raw egg whites and stretchy. After OV, it goes back to white and sticky then will go dry.

I wouldn't worry if you don't experience loads of CM as it's better it stays up near your cervix so it can help the swimmers. :lol:

Also, I wouldn't rely on spotting CM to assume ovulation cos it's not really a reliable method cos it can change. Do you use ovulation tests? Do you have normal cycles?

x x

Hi hun.

Normally before OV, you would experience little or no CM as before OV, you're not fertile. Then leading up to OV, it should be white and sticky and not stretchy. As you get closer to ovulation, it should increase in volume and then around ovulation your CM should be like raw egg whites and stretchy. After OV, it goes back to white and sticky then will go dry.

I wouldn't worry if you don't experience loads of CM as it's better it stays up near your cervix so it can help the swimmers. :lol:

Also, I wouldn't rely on spotting CM to assume ovulation cos it's not really a reliable method cos it can change. Do you use ovulation tests? Do you have normal cycles?

x x

Ok thanks. Its much clearer now.
no i dont use ov tests coz here in China its hard to find and the sticks i found sre like 5 sticks in the box for 7 to 10 pounds and of course everything is written in chinese which i cant read :wall2:
normal-ish cycles. 32 days long usually. But ttc for 4 yrs. No apparent pb, except ad hoc bleeding ( after dtd or bowel mvt- sorry tmi, and thick lining.

Thanks for the cm cycle, am going to note it down.
mel x

Why not order some online from eBay? Think you can order from the UK, but not sure about costs of shipping.

Have you seen a fertility consultant about the length of time you've been TTC for? x x

No i cant order from ebay. Post is atrocious here. They have taobao, the chinese equivalent but, hmmm, again, all in chinese...actually they have ebay but also in chinese and i dont know anyone chinese i would trust with asking to order for me...dont want colleagues to gossip...

I saw a fertlity doc last week. He did a smear and a biopsy but results havent come back yet, cos it was chinese new year here, so everything was put on hold. Hubby will do a sperm test on 11th feb and i will do a scan on 21st feb if i dont get preggers...i dont want to think abt it yet...all my blood tests were normal...

Mel x

Ah I see. I'm sorry to hear you're so limited. :(

Hopefully you'll get your results back and be able to move on with the next steps.

x x

Ah I see. I'm sorry to hear you're so limited. :(

Hopefully you'll get your results back and be able to move on with the next steps.

x x

Thanks. I got them yesterday but they mean nothing to me :( the doc is on holiday till 20th Feb. I have an appointment on the 21st... I tried to search on the net and asked in the long-term TTc section but noone seems to know what the results mean.

Only have to continue TTC till I'm told there is a pb :)

Thanks MissJuly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back