Question about baby bouncers and moses baskets!!

beckyboo1

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just hijacking baby and toddle thread as i figured there'll be plenty of you with experience!!

Still have a big long list of things we need to get for LO - 2 mains ones I can't seem to decide on/find one i like are a baby bouncer, and moses basket

Have you guys any recommedations of what you've bought/used so i can copy you!!

THank you xx

Moses baskets aren't used for long, Jack is almost out of his moses basket already - Its gone so fast :-( Depending how much money you have to spend you might want to avoid spending to much on the moses basket. I actually got mine on ebay second hand for just £5 it was an excellent bargain and as good as new (I know some people don't like second hand stuff but its an option!)

As for a bouncer I didn't buy one but wish I had, Jack loves bouncing and I am forever bouncing him on my knee. I got a baby swing instead and although he doesn't mind it and will drop off to sleep I think he would have been better with a bouncer!

Congrats and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy xxx

Grace has also outgrown her Moses basket and I never once used it down stairs, next time I think I'll just move the cot into our room.
We don't have a bouncer, my SIL bought us a rocker/toddler chair instead. It's a bright starts one and sits right up or reclines and can rock or little feet put down to keep it non rocking, Grace loves it, she can sleep, lounge around or sit up in it without me having to hold her all the time!

I hate Moses baskets they are far too expensive and they grow out of them too fast! My OHs cousin bought lilyanna one and she's never settled in it she loves her chair.. Hate the vibrating ones so it's just a chair that can be laid back or sat up.. Brilliant!!

I got a crib instead of a Moses basket as they're meant to last longer and use the carrycot from my pram for LO to sleep in during the day.

We have a fisher price jungle bouncer which Dylan loves although he hasn't spent too much time in it yet x

I didn't have a moses basket with 1st but wish I did, they're brilliant for putting them to sleep wherever you want, rather than always having to be buggy/cot.

Bouncy chair is a defo must have, i have one that does from newborn to toddler.

:)

Deffo get a cheap Moses basket as they don't last long. Alice won't be using hers much longer. I got mine for £5 at a car boot!! And in my opinion simple bouncers are the best, got a ladybird one from littlewoods in my house and MIL has got the £15 one from Argos in her house. LO loves them!!

Owen had a normal Argos baby bouncer but hardly bounced in it!! And yes he used his Moses basket for about 15 weeks but it was given to us from my ohs aunty! But I have seen some in sale in asda x

THanks for all the advice ladies...its so hard to know what to do when you haven't done it before!! I did have it in my head not to spend too much on a moses basket as I have a feeling (cos i was a big 10lb baby and hubby was big and tall too) that our LO wouldn't be in it for long.

Keep the suggestions coming - can't beat ideas from new mummies xx

NCT nearly new sales !!!! thats what I would recommend. got a like new mamas and papas moses basked and a like new bouncer from them. Just got new covers and mattress for basket and washed covers on bouncer and were like brand new. amazing. think the bouncer was about 8 pound and the moses basket was about 10. x

NCT nearly new sales !!!! thats what I would recommend. got a like new mamas and papas moses basked and a like new bouncer from them. Just got new covers and mattress for basket and washed covers on bouncer and were like brand new. amazing. think the bouncer was about 8 pound and the moses basket was about 10. x

Yes they r fab . Love nct nearly new!!

Def get a bouncer babies love them!!!!!! I recommend a Moses basket for sleep at night always used one then have a travel cot for after to be in my room xxx

I wouldn't get a bouncer until you have your baby, I got one bfore I had my LO but then had quite a sicky/refluxy baby that preferred to be upright so got the baby bjorn one instead and she loves that!
She also is a right kicker and she bashed her moses basket to bits, it won't do another baby so had to be thrown out! so defo get a cheap one!

My son was still in his moses at 4 months but then again he was a small baby for a while and liked being snug in it, by 5 months he was getting too big for it. My mum brought me a brand new one from the catologue but I loved it and its going to be well used again this time around x As for bouncers I brought a second hand one for £5 which laid flatter than the one my partners dad gave us which leo hated when he was younger as it was too upright for him, but loved it when he was bigger x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back