queation re waters or plug

k8_005

Reaction score
I really really want to go swimming at the local outdoor pool to try n cool down a bit in this heat. Family husband mother all say not to risk it a because if waters or plug goes il get infections and risk the baby and b) Embarrassement of plug or waters going in pool. I feel I should listen to them but I also wondered what % of women loose their plug/waters break pre contractions they can feel am really on two minds my logical brain says not worth risk to baby as I'd never forgive myself for infection if my fault. Then my other part of brain says imagine how much cooler and pleasent it would be to go for a half hr/hr dip at the local lido?! I have a paddle pool which is heavenly on feet but it keeps warming in the Sun and I have to empty and refill it to be cold enougj for me again. I also have had cool showers which are nice but not the same I'm just hot n bothered and itchy n generally feelc fed up which is silly when I should be excited and I love summer sun normally I'd be first off doing things and going places enjoying it all. X

ive been going to outdoor pool at sports club for last few weeks..i did look into it and no reason for me not to. it is the most amazing feeling.. i was in for 5 hours straight the other day and i go with both my kids 7 and 4 and we have a blast and cool down from the heat!! i dont see why u should not go xxx

I was thinking about this yesterday, will they even let me in the pool this pregnant? What if my waters went in the pool, I wouldn't know & this could be a health risk to others. I'm going to buy a big paddling pool to sit in in the garden instead!x

I have a small paddle pool I fit feet n ankles in but they have run out everywhere of bigger ones except when you get expensive and I can't justify the cost of 50pounds plus for pool type ones x

I went swimming after I'd started loosing my plug (started loosing it Friday - went swimming Tuesday). I was in agony with what I thought were back pains and thought swimming would help - turned out that they were contractions not back pains!! I went into hospital that evening and had ds the next day.

I would say you'll be fine to go swimming so long as you're waters haven't broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back