Pyramid Belly!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Lou, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

Hey

I just had a bath and when I layed back I noticed my belly went into a point, like a pyramid!

Anyone else noticed this?

Also my baby kicked me twice when I washed my belly.

Ahhhh

:) Lou

2. minikins

minikins Well-Known Member

BLESS - I just had a bath too and mine in over to one side and sometimes it's gone into a point too, I am hoping it's head will engage soonish :)

3. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

Yeah mine goes to one side aswell. The kicking I can feel is really low down and sometimes it feels like its kicking me in my fanny!

I love my pointy belly, I'm going to ask the midwife on friday why it does that.

I'll let you know what she says.

:) Lou

4. minikins

minikins Well-Known Member

That bit about kicking the fanny is really funny, I get that and think a foot will pop out and it makes me want to wee !!

5. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about needing a wee - mine definitely uses my bladder as a trampoline sometimes - then I get a mad urge to go to the toilet but hardly anything comes out! :lol:

6. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

lol me too. Going for a scan is the worst when they leave you sitting there absolutely bursting! At my last scan the baby was so far down on my bladder that we couldn't even see it from the waist down. Honestly! The lady scanning me made me go and have a pee!

7. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

The pointy belly is because the muscles are begining to separate a little down the middle of your tum.

8. zo75

zo75 Active Member

hey Lou and Minikins, where abouts are you guys in Surrey? I'm registered at Kingston. I'm just over 17 weeks, haven't felt any movements yet but not sure I'd recognis them if I did. Noticed a pointy belly this morning though when I was lying on my back! It was kind of sloping to one side. Can't wait for a proper pregnancy belly to grow. Just look a bit like I've eaten all the pies at the mo!

zx

9. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm in sutton/cheam. Used to work in Kingston! My nearest hospital is St Helier but I was treated very badly whilst I was there with a kidney infection ( I on a bed covered in someone elses blood, a mattress full of someone elses urine and I was woken in the night and accused of smoking in the toilet when I couldn't even stand up! ) *rant over*. As you can imagine I am NOT having my baby there so I am booked in at Epsom for the birth.

My baby is kicking loads now and my bf felt it for the first time this evening. :)

I have put a pic of my belly on tummy pics. I feel really big!

Lou x