Pyper Bird - born 21/05/14

Katkin72

Reaction score
Well, I've finally managed to find some time to start a parenting journal!! Pyp is now 8 weeks and 3 days and has stolen my heart :) He was born at 1.44am on Wednesday 21st May, weighing 6lbs 4oz. I am so happy to finally become a mummy after all the heartbreak we went through to have a baby.

It's been a tough 8 weeks with lots of meltdowns (from me & Pyp), but we are getting there :) Feeding has been and still is the main issue - from day 1 Pyp hasn't latched on to feed so I have to use nipple shields. Not ideal but if it means I can breast feed then I'm happy to use them. The main issue now is he only feeds for short bursts and wants feeding every hour so I don't get anything done lol. Night times are exhausting, and I'm lucky if I get 2hrs sleep at a time!

Pyp was weighed yesterday and is now 9lb 15oz - he's still fitting into his newborn clothes (just), but the 0-3 months still drown him lol. He looks so tiny :) The health visitor is happy with his development and he is a very happy and alert little boy. He's started smiling in the past week which melts my heart, and makes lots of cooing noises. He is also becoming aware of his surroundings and knows if he hits the toys hanging down from his play mat they jingle :) He also loves being on his tummy and can hold his head up really well :)

I will try to update this journal as and when I can - when I manage to catch a few spare minutes in my day lol :)

Hey Kath, just noticed your journal... Don't get on here as often and I know I see your updates on fb, but I check in here now and again so stalking :) Glad to hear all is well and Pyp is developing well :) xxx

Glad to hear your are both doing well and so happy you're a mummy now after all you've been through. Enjoy the early day if you can. They grow up so quickly. xxx

So pleased your little one is doing well. Hopefully he lets you get some proper sleep soon. There really isn't anything better than cute baby smiles is there. It just makes your heart swell with love and pride

Michelle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back