Putting TTC on hold

Amy0801

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Well as the title says we might be putting ttc on hold for a bit as we are unsure about what is going to happen with my job. I have worked for this company for 10 years so I was with them when I had my first baby but now we are waiting for a new computer system to come into effect and they keep saying how everyone's roles will change however last March I was given the news that the job I was doing in accounts would no longer be needed and I would be made redundant if nothing else could be found luckily I was offered a different role doing my part time hours even though the position is normally a full time one but it was only until this new system started. So after all this I was given the news yesterday that they will be recruiting a full timer to do my job but they will take over from when I leave at 2.30 and will do other bits of administration. So when I came home yesterday and told DF he said it looks like they are vasing me out and we may have to wait having another baby as we wouldn't be able to afford it. I'm pissed off that after 10 years I feel like I am being discriminated for being part time! I never thought I would be made redundant and it has knocked my confidence not just in myself but with the company. Any way...I am currently in my 2ww and won't know until 27th when AF is due...stress with my job will put a downer on what should be an exciting time! Sorry for the rant xxx

Last edited:
This sucks. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this.

Do you have a union? And check the T&Cs of your contract. I'm not sure if it's where I work or law, but I know that if you request part time hours due to childcare needs, they (where I work) cannot refuse but can move you to a new role that can accommodate part time hours.

Companies are entitled to make people redundant but check if their reason can include being a part time worker due to being a parent; like I said it may just be our T&Cs but if it's the law they may not be able to do it on those grounds.

Also, see if they have to offer voluntary redundancies first. It'll depend on transferable skills, but worth finding out where you stand.

All the best x

Last edited:
I agree with union advice- worth seeking. I thought they would have to offer alternative or offer voluntary (otherwise you can state it's targeting you personally for unfair dismissal).

I also worry about putting of ttc especially for something that might not happen, as one of my friends did this and she's been back to trying for 5 years without luck plus 4 x failed ivf. She has endometriosis and Drs said that if she had tried earlier she mightve been able to have but now unlikely. Devastating. There's never a right time, i know this, I got pregnant before starting my new job so couldn't even get statutory but we budgeted, made a few sacrifice and took out a couple of no interest credit cards.... Plus buying second hand saves loads.... There's always a way.

I hope things work out for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back