Putting TTC on hold

Amy0801

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Well as the title says we might be putting ttc on hold for a bit as we are unsure about what is going to happen with my job. I have worked for this company for 10 years so I was with them when I had my first baby but now we are waiting for a new computer system to come into effect and they keep saying how everyone's roles will change however last March I was given the news that the job I was doing in accounts would no longer be needed and I would be made redundant if nothing else could be found luckily I was offered a different role doing my part time hours even though the position is normally a full time one but it was only until this new system started. So after all this I was given the news yesterday that they will be recruiting a full timer to do my job but they will take over from when I leave at 2.30 and will do other bits of administration. So when I came home yesterday and told DF he said it looks like they are vasing me out and we may have to wait having another baby as we wouldn't be able to afford it. I'm pissed off that after 10 years I feel like I am being discriminated for being part time! I never thought I would be made redundant and it has knocked my confidence not just in myself but with the company. Any way...I am currently in my 2ww and won't know until 27th when AF is due...steps with my job will put a downer on what should be an exciting time! Sorry for the rant xxx

Sorry to hear that news, it must be very worrying. I hope it's not what you fear.. Good luck x

Amy sorry you have this uncertainty hanging over you! Do you have any Union representation or can you talk to Citizens Advice, just to be sure there is no foul play at work here with regards to discrimination?

Amy, I would be tempted to continue trying until you know for sure what's happening with your job. If you fall pregnant then you are in a stronger position re equality laws and if you are made redundant whilst pregnant then you should still be eligible for SMP. I know this isn't a great amount of money but seeing as a lot of companies only offer this anyway it's not too bad. Will you be eligible for a redundancy payment? After 10 years I would hope so!

I'm in a similar position in that I may only have a job until March next year. I will be eligible for a redundancy payment and I'm hoping to get a couple of months of OMP in. I'm 34 in September and I just think that it's possible to keep putting off TTC for a "better" time but it may not come....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back