Put back 9-10 days

Mrsbee

Reaction score
Can this have a good outcome. I thought I was 7 plus 2 but I had a private scan and the sac is measuring less than 6 weeks? I don't know how much bigger the sac is compared to last time or not as the case may be. I guess I could have ovulated later but 9-10 days seems a lot. I just have a feeling this isn't going well.

Was this your first scan? Or has a previous scan been on the date you thought it would be?

My first scan was last week as I bleeding. I thought I was plus 4 then but she said I was about 3-4 days out. So I've now just had a private scan and I thought I now would be 6 plus 6 and I'm still measuring less than 6 weeks and nothing was seen inside the sac. She said its normal for less than 6 weeks but I'm almost sure I can't possibly be less than 6 weeks

I was put back 2 weeks on my first scan when I was 7 weeks but dated at 5 weeks.
I got a little bit upset because we miscarried last year and I thought the worst but all is fine now.
The nurse explained to me when you work out how far along you are you go off your last period date but obvsisly you don't conceive then most people conceive couple weeks after so most people get put back when going to a scan xx

ive been the same though i was 7 weeks dated 5 weeks went back two weeks later and measures 8+2 i think so they were around a week out for me at my early scan x

Thanks ladies, I'm hoping that's going to be case but I can't help but fear the worst. Xx

Can I ask at your 5 week one which you obviously thought was the later did they see much? My NHS one (the first scan) they saw a yolk sac but at this private one she said she only saw the gestation sac?

I've just realised the first day of my last period was three days later than I've been saying so that would make a little bit of difference. I think I trust the NHS sonographer more than the private one I asked her questions which she couldn't give me the answer too.

When did you get your BFP. For someone with a normal 28 day cycle, testing on day of missed period, we find out we are pregnant when we are 4 weeks (by dating standards). Therefore, as long as you got your BFP less than a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't worry too much.

I was put back at an early scan and I knew it was absolutely impossible to only be the amount pregnant they were saying due to when I got a BFP. Unfortunately that one ended in a mc.

I don't like very early scans now for this reason, people often seem to get put back even when nothing is wrong (and they are back on track by 12 weeks) because it's so hard to measure a 6 week pregnancy.

Fingers crossed for you.

Well I just did the NHS calculator and that puts me at 6 weeks pregnant, well I feel like a dick head now! So if I ovulated a few days later it could be fine couldn't it? I don't know ill see what Monday brings xxx

I got my BFP 22/12 but my cycles are 31 days ish. I think agree Clare I'm not sure id choose to have another early scan so far it's just caused more confusion and upset xx

It's also about the quality of ultrasound machine, so unless you're scanned on the same machine (and possibly by the same person), don't expect to see the same things.

I had an early scan at 7 weeks, and was dated 5+6, obviously worried lots, but then all was fine by the time the regular NHS scan came around. Really hoping your baby will be fine!

Thanks Mrs Z I really hope so, I find it strange that this machine didn't pick up the yolk sak? Only have to wait until Monday for my next NHS rescan..... Xxx

It is confusing, I was put back 8 days and it really upset me even though baby measured a good size and there was a heartbeat. FX this confusion will be sorted out by your next scan and baby will be developing healthily x

Thanks Hun, I hope so but I don't have much hope. The first scan you could see the yolk sac but this one you couldn't, she said the angle was hard to see but i don't have a good feeling xxx

I've just read your other thread, sorry I don't know much about these things, this is my 1st preg. Was your bladder full enough? Did they offer you a trans-vaginal to get a better look? x

We had a private scan at 8 weeks and I was also put back about 6 days with my last pregnancy then at my 12 week scan was put forward 4 from that date so it's not always accurate that early so try not to panic yet xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back