Pushchairs

Toni.C

Reaction score
Okay so I have a slight pram addiction :roll:

Currently we've got an icandy peach which I love and will stay with us forever and with the next child too. I tend to use it for long days out but I gets used regularly.

We've also got a Maclaren techno XT buggy which is perfect for nipping out and when we shop in town (I live in a small town and the shops are tiny so struggled to get my icandy round them)

We are also a farming/shooting family and my OH ploughs with his vintage tractor which means long days out in the fields. Neither of the above prams are suitable for walking on stubble fields or for walking the dog (I've tried and it's hopeless!) so we borrowed a 13 year old mamas and papas 3 wheeler which was fine apart from the harness didn't work and the pushchair is ridiculously heavy so we ended up retiring it and not using it again. But this winter I'm going to need something to fill the job.

I've seen mothercare have the xtreme (3 wheeler) on offer down to £170. But am I crazy having 3 pushchairs? especially as my little one is 19 months although I'm guessing he's still going to need it when we're in the back end of nowhere. Also has anyone got any experiance with this pushchair/ mothercare own brand pushchairs?

No advice on mothercare but we have a the nipper 360 fantastic for outdoors and lightweight it's been through snow, sand, steep hills perfect for fields.

My mum friends have converted when tried and tested!

We have the Phil and teds double but if its a single def the nipper!xx

we're sheep farmers/ shooters and have the same as above can't recommend the nipper enough. ours gets very hacky in the sheep pens and puts up with a lot. it's great

I'm the same as you, I've got my mama's and papas sola as my 'proper' pram, a McLaren stroller and my 'farm' one. tbh I haven't taken it shooting yet as last year she was only little so she was in a carrier and I only went a couple of times but thinking about it now I have no idea what I'll do this year. hopefully get a babysitter most of the time cos I'd hate to try getting over some of the fella even with the nipper ��

Last edited:
I have an oyster 2, only thing i regret is not getting a three wheeler as i think that could combat curbs a little better. Part from that its very easy to use and looks beautiful.

Last edited:
Apparently the Mamas and Papas Sola 2 MTX/MXT is supposed to be brilliant for off road :) I have just a Sola 2 and it is really smooth even going down bumpy back roads and across fields :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back