Pushchair/buggy advice

mablestarr

Reaction score
I am after some advice about what people have done with prams when you have a new born and a toddler.

Tomos is 2 and a half and although he walks well there might be some times when it would be a good idea to have one pushchair where newborn and Tomos can go in.

I have had a look on ebay and such as will probably try and get a second hand one as I don't think we'll need it for long. But they all seem similar e.g. phil and ted style. Has anyone got any experiences of these type of pushchairs, how did you get on with them? Are they good for a newborn?

Sorry so many questions. I'm finding this whole thing of being a mummy of 2 quite daunting as I've focused so much over the past 9 months on trying to get this baby to term, that now she's here I'm finding everything a bit much. So any advice you could give about pushchairs would be much appreciated. xx

I have a Phil & Ted that I use for childminding, it is a great buggy and is suitable for newborns. I have the Baby Jogger City Select for the boys because we wanted a new buggy and because we wanted a buggy that both babies could easily see out of. The Phil & Teds have a seat down low and there isn't much for whoever is in the back to see. The baby joggers back seat is higher than the front.

If you're only using it occasionally i'd defo get second hand x

I'm trying to decide whether to buy a double. I have to go with a Phil and teds style because I use the bus so a side by side wouldn't be any good. Our LO walks well but gets tired so I'm not sure he would be in it often, he uses a Phil and Teds at the childminders and she hasn't said there's any problems. I would say if you won't be using it often do go for second hand - check fb as there are quite a few groups selling prams locally x

Thanks guys. I'm swaying towards a phil and ted style one, just eed to find one in reasob
nable quality fir a good price. I did consider a buggy board but would rather have him straped in, he would be off as a shot, also I'm only small so I think it would be a tight squeeze at the back of the pram.

Clairebear - I like the baby jogger, hadn't seen that one before. xx

How about buggy pod ? You can attach it to old pram and fold when he doesn't use it.

I love my baby jogger. The only down side is it's very heavy to lift in and out of the boot. Apart from that it's fab! There were a few second hand ones ebay when we were researching doubles x

I know my situation is very different but I wanted a side by side so I got the bugaboo donkey plus a ride on board for h. I also plan to buy a baby jogger city mini double for the car when they are a bit older! But wanted to have them facing me to start!
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back