pushchair advice

nikkix86

Reaction score
hi girls hope you ladies in tri 3 might be able to help!

I'm after a travel system with a carrycot and car seat attachment that can also be parent facing as a stroller that doesn't cost the earth! any recommendations?

thank you!

Have you a mothercare outlet where you live? I got a quinny modd for a reasonable price and it seems lovely to push, will see when I've my little one in it in a few weeks tho :) xx

yeah it's not very big tho I might pop there in the week but I'll have a look online thank you x

Oyster, has a nice wide seat and you can buy loads of different colour packs for it, also one of the smallest folding systems :). I candy is nice but seats can be narrow. My favourite is the new egg but very expensive at £700.

I'd go to mothercare/ pram shops/ toys r us etc to have a go at pushing different Prams around , get an assistant to show you how each one folds etc and wrote down all the names and prices of the ones you love . Some even come in limited edition colours too ! Silver cross pioneer is lovely in tweed :).

I would then go home and look on amazon/eBay / internet for cheaper deals . Toys r us often throw in free car seats and bases :)

Some Prams feel cheap and nasty when you push them and can be very fiddly, others are lovely and smoother and hold their value.

Also consider 3 things

1- any future children ? Some Prams can be adapted to carry two seats or a carrycot and seat
2- how much do you REALLY want to spend for a pram
3- is the pram going to suit your needs ? Folding size / free cosytoes for winter ?

I've gone for the tutti bambini riviera plus. It's around £350 for everything; carrycot, seat, pink/purple &a white colour packs, Footmuff, rain cover, car seat etc. You can get it in several colours. And if you decide to have other children you can even buy different colour pack. This is mine. I love it, it pushes really well.

I had a venicci with my daughter. They're a decent price and are amazing Prams xx
04e02ae413f19168d05b2ebd9da82cd1.jpg

Slb that's nice , I'm
Having a boy but went with an oyster so I could change colours etc too . I love the lol of the venicci Prams they are well lush ... several colours is always a bonus :)

I like the oysters. Personally I didn't want to spend that much on a pram though. With my daughter I used her pram for 6 months and then swapped to a buggy because they're easier and lighter. I didn't keep her pram because I knew I would want a different pram for a new baby lol
And when it came to sell the pram I got £80 for a £400 pram.. people don't like to pay a lot.

That's why I didn't pay a lot this time. But this pram is lovely and practical. I don't think we will be having baby no 3 so I will probably get rid when I get bored lol

I had the pink venicci viva. I love the gray though. But personally I like pink/purple for girls and grey/black/blue for boys. It's a personal preference. If I was having a boy I probably would have gone for a venicci again xx

I bought a 2nd hand oyster with blue/red/yellow/black and turquoise colour packs (. Stroller and carrycot ) and a 2nd hand silver cross wayfarer in lime green (stroller and carrycot for nans house )

Bought 2nd hand as didn't want to buy 2 new Prams !! But I did buy brand new mattress for both carrycots and have stripped them and disinfected etc . Got both systems for £160 !!! . Not planning on any more after this baby. I would have loved an egg pram but like I said 700 a too much :(

My first child is 10 now and when he was born a decent system was only £3-400 it's double that now and I don't feel Prams have changed that much ! ( 2nd baby will enjoy his pram I'm
Sure :) )

Then got a brand new isofix isize car seat on offer at mothercare - supposed to be £300 but they gave me the base for free and I paid £175 for the seat :).

Hiya. I have got the Oyster 2 in the new tungsten grey colour also I have bought the matching footmuff and my sisters bought me the changing bag. Even though it is from birth and the footmuff is nice and cosy I decided to get a carrycot which I got 2nd hand off ebay in great condition as they are only used for a short while I have just washed everything. I also got the maxi cosi pebble car seat off ebay as it was hardly used and in great condition and saved myself £100! Just make sure if you do buy 2nd hand it's not been in an accident!
We had the first generation Oyster with our first daughter and loved it..it's so easy to push and folds up nice and compact. I also like the icandy peach 3 and Egg but couldn't spend that much money but I would say the Oyster is just as nice! Xx

Hi Nikki, I went for the Mamas & Papas Urbo2 and am in love with it.. So user friendly, stylish, versatile, had everything I was looking for. I got the limited edition Liberty fabric but their standard colour range is gorgeous anyway - very classy :) It wasn't the cheapest option out there but it's pretty! Love the fact that the carrycot mattress is suitable for overnight sleeping for the odd sleepover at my parents' xx

Also, the Aton q car seat they're compatible with is absolutely lush! Like a cloud compared to the Maxi Cosi cabriofix I used with Poppy xx

thanks for your help girls I'm finding out the gender at the weekend so that might help me decide

I have the mother care orb and love it ! It has a thing on the handle you twist to lift it and then you can spin the seat to face in or out. The carry cot also turns into a seat for when they're big enough. It's really light too and folds up small enough for my fairly small boot

I have the bugaboo buffalo and could not be happier with it and the grey lets me keep gender a secret

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back