Puffiness & Headache- Advice Sought

ClareBear

Reaction score
Hello,

Just a quick question if anyone is able to help at all. I know that it is common to be a bit swollen in the last tri and I am assuming the ocasional headache is also (along with all the other gripes and groans....) But when should you be concerned about the two together?

My hands and face have been quite puffy the last couple of days - hands look and feel particularly bad today but that maybe because I am sat at desk for too long? and I have had a pretty constant headache now for the last two days also. Because of the way Xmas and New Year fell I have not had bp, wee or any contact with midwife since 11 December, when they did detect some protein in wee then but BP was fine.

I have midwife apt for Fri am and growth scan and consultant apt next Tuesday and if I wanted to see anyone before then I would need to go to the hosp I guess (which I really really really don't want to do.....)

Baby is moving lots like normal and other than the lingering effects of a cold and generally being tired I am feeling normal and ok.

Question is... Is there anything else I should be looking out for/ aware of and in your experiences would you feel happy leaving it 'til Friday morning?

Thanks in advance ladies. xxx

you could perhaps nip to the doctors and just ask them to check u over?
i've done that a couple of times now when i haven't had a midwife appt for weeks.
in fact my doctors have done a better job than my midwife! lol
ring up the docs to see if u can get in.. it will only take 2 minutes just to check ur urine and BP x

If you are concerned (which you are cos u have posted) then I would go and see GP or MW and get ur urine and BP checked just to check its not pre eclampsia.

Swelling is normal, as are headaches but they are also signs to watch out for so maybe you should get checked out and if nothing more it will but ur mind at ease? :hug:

Thanks ladies, I am back at work for this week and I work in Leamington and my Doc's is in Coventry. Also I'm on the bus so it's not easy to have a quick apt without having most of the day (or the whole day) off. They are fin at work but because there are so many other staff off, I know it would cause real probs for me to go before Friday. I might see if I can go to the general Walk-in centre later tonight instead. It'll be a wait but at least they can do wee and bp there.

Kimbo I've just realised from the tickers that we are only 1 day apart! I'm guessing you are feeling as impatient as me??

oh i am :D :wall: lol
but i cant imagine how happy_chick or eblinx must be feeling!

I know, they are being mighty dignified, I'll be crying at that point. Why does it go so slowly now? Even with all the distractions of Christmas etc It feels like I've been stuck on 36 weeks forever!

Oh well at least i'm one day before you! Are you jealous of those 24 hours????? :rotfl:

ClareBear said:
I know, they are being mighty dignified, I'll be crying at that point. Why does it go so slowly now? Even with all the distractions of Christmas etc It feels like I've been stuck on 36 weeks forever!

Oh well at least i'm one day before you! Are you jealous of those 24 hours????? :rotfl:

YES I AM :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

but ill give birth on my due date and you'll go two weeks overdue :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Kimbo said:
ClareBear said:

YES I AM :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

but ill give birth on my due date and you'll go two weeks overdue :twisted: :lol: :lol:

I bet you are right! :( If not I'll post you some special homemade Pineapple & Castor Oil Curry washed down with a nice vat of Raspberry Leaf Tea, to be taken over nearby speed bumps.

xxxxx

lmfao!! as long as u dont include sex too then im fine!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kimbo said:
lmfao!! as long as u dont include sex too then im fine!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd do most things to help a pregnant lady...but I'd have to draw the line somewhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back