Pudding Ideas please...

SarahH

Reaction score
I am having my sister and BIL over on Sunday night for dinner and I am trying to think of something to make for pudding.

I always seem to make the same - either pavlova, cheesecake etc... I just want to make something different!

Any suggestions!

apple crumble - v seasonal and v v tasty with custard/ice cream

or (my fave) chocolate pudding with hot chocolate sauce

mmmm.... :D :D :D :D

lemon meringue or tarte au citron!!

Or I'm making a gorgeous almond lemon tart wih chocolate ameretti biscuit crumb tonight if you fancy a bake a long!!

banoffee pie, yummy! although takes a few hours to boil the milk

Misslarue said:
The best dessert in the whole wide world!! Yumm i love banoffee pie :D

I like traditional steamed puddings in winter, a doddle to make and all you need to do is mix it all together then boil it on the hob and forget about it for a few hours while you make the rest of the dinner. My fave's are golden syrup or raspberry jam. Havent tried a chocolate one yet but I bet theyre gorgeous. I use a Jamie Oliver recipe and have made my own custard a few times to go with it, its very rich but worth it as a treat once in a while :D

Well my sister put her request in for me to make my Sticky Toffee Pudding!

Misslarue said:

They sell i pre-boiled now!!!!!! :D

What are you cooking for main, I think that is always a good way to decide what to do for dessert.

I did this lemon drizzle cake a few weeks back when we had people over and it as so, so lovely. The only thing I did differently was add more lemon to the drizzle bit.http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3628/lemon-drizzle-cake?pager.offset=20

Alex xxx

Possibly too late now, but the very best dessert ever are pears poached in spiced red wine:

For 4-6 people you need

1 large hard pear per person
1 pint red wine
4 oz sugar
2 whole cinnamon sticks
1 vanilla pod

15fl oz whipped cream or vanilla ice to serve with.

Preheat oven to gasmark 1/2 (130 °C)

Peel pears, leaving stalk on, then lay into large casserole dish. Then bring wine mixed with the sugar and cinnamon to the boil in a saucepan, add vanilla pod and pour over pears, put into oven for 3 hours, turning pears over halfway through cooking time.

Serve with cream or vanilla ice. The cooking liquid will have turned into lovely peary mulled wine, which indeed makes a nice drink for the cook!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back