Pubic bone and pelvic discomfort after birth

susie

Reaction score
i cant remember that at all, all i had what i can remeber is a sore front bum and very sore boobs i would definately mention it to your midwife or doctor you could have pulled something during labour :hug:

After I gave birth I felt like I'd been beaten up. I was really sore and stiff from being in all sorts of positions while pushing Isaac out! I had huge bruises too on the backs of my legs from gripping them so hard. The discomfort you are feeling sounds normal to me, its just everything going back into place and your body healing.

Take paracetamol and have hot baths with radox and you'll be cool again before you know it.

:wink:

lou said:
After I gave birth I felt like I'd been beaten up. I was really sore and stiff from being in all sorts of positions while pushing Isaac out! I had huge bruises too on the backs of my legs from gripping them so hard. The discomfort you are feeling sounds normal to me, its just everything going back into place and your body healing.

Take paracetamol and have hot baths with radox and you'll be cool again before you know it.

:wink:

i must have blocked all that out :( more to look forward to then :shock:

It's horrid isn't it! You think that giving birth would sort all your pregnancy problems out..but no! :shakehead:

I mentioned to my MW that my pelvis was still sore like it had been during pregnancy and she said that it takes 9 months to get there and it takes another 9 months for everything to even out again. My pelvis doesn't hurt any more...but my "tail end" (as my MW put it!) is still rather tender :oops: gave myself piles pushing him out and it hurts

i felt battered for a few days after birth, but are u describing SPD? coz i was lucky i didnt hav that. hope u feel better soon :hug:

I think you should go see your doctor about it... and seek some physio threapy.. I had SPD with Tia and although I had pelvic pain for a couple of weeks after... it got steadily better... It was my back that gave me most grief.. Also try the spd exercises in the third tri... they might help?

I had this same thing Midna.. well i think anyway. I couldn't stand for a long time, no more than 2 minutes anyway cos it just felt like someone had kicked me in my fadge lol pubic bone was killing and felt like everything was gonna fall out. I couldn't really go out either cos it would just hurst so much. It lasted about 2 weeks I think then over a couple of days seemed to disappear.

TBH I just though this was normal so I didn't see HV/Doc but maybe I had pulled something, if other girls are saying they didnt have it then maybe think about checking it out :hug:

I think I know how you feel, is it like if you stand for a bit it aches and if you sit for a bit it aches and by the end of the day you are in agony? I tried ice packs (even in bed) and had a bath every night which really helped for half an hour. But the best thing I can suggest is DO YOUR PELVIC FLOOR EXCERCISES! My friend suggested this to me and after 6 weeks of pain it started to ease. I thought there was no way i could do them with this pain going on but it actually relieved it and eventually went away. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back