Protein in urine :(

ChloeSmith

Reaction score
Had my 24 week appointment today, and mw tested my urine and they found protein in it. It's been sent off to the hospital for testing so should hear back next week?

Any ideas what it could be? I have been feeling off colour for a week or so and did actually think I was gunna faint this morning. Bit worried now :-/ xx

How was your BP?

It may be that the protein is a sign of a urinary infection. Its common to get these in pregnancy, it must have been an "iffy" result if they wanted to send it off rather than just treat you straight away. If you feel worse, i'd let your gp or mw know though.

I wouldn't worry, I used to have protein in my urine all the time, and my doctor was never concerned about it. You might have a mild infection but sometimes it can be nothing. They will just be treating you with extra caution because your pregnant.

Thanks guys, bp was normal 110/75 - a bit high for me as normally I'm about 100/60, but still fine.

Mw advised me to take day off so I've come home and had a sleep and feel bit better.

Think I need to slow down a bit for bubs, been rushing around like a loon at work and trying to fit too much into weekends I think xx

I had protein in my urine too but midwife said it was rarely anything to worry about :) hope it comes back ok for you x

Thanks guys, bp was normal 110/75 - a bit high for me as normally I'm about 100/60, but still fine.

Mw advised me to take day off so I've come home and had a sleep and feel bit better.

Think I need to slow down a bit for bubs, been rushing around like a loon at work and trying to fit too much into weekends I think xx

Sounds like a good call, coming home and resting. I've stopped booking up weekends, have the next few quietly at home. Can't wait for some chilling out time!

BP sounds good :)

I use those urine sticks at work, and they often show up stuff that isn't there (the lab reports it as fine when you send the sample off), but i think they are designed to be over sensitive so you don't miss something.

I need to learn from you and stop biking weekends up too! Xx

Ive been in work only two days this week and i feel awful about it. Ive just been really down and sicky. I know i cant help having days off i just hate letting people down xxx

I had protein in my urine ,she Said it s sometimes from the discharge in the wee x

I had protein in my wee once and when they sent it off it revealed I had a mild infection but I never had any symptoms and by the time I got the results I'd had another midwife appointment and my wee was fine at that one.

Also, something to bare in mind... If you've had sex that morning or the night before and not showered, you'll still have traces of semen hanging around in your lady bits which can contaminate your pee and show up as protein on the strip that they use to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back