Propping up cot mattress?

stargirl

Reaction score
Does or has anyone done this? Someone suggested we try it with H because he really doesn't like lying on his back or flat.

We're trying it tonight for the first time. We haven't got a wedge, which was what was suggested we use so we used books instead but it seemed a little high and H ended up turning completely the other way round. So my OH took the books out and is using a flattened pillow. So far it seems to be working. I put H in it half awake and normally I would have to stroke his hair to get him to go fully asleep but I left him and he fell asleep himself.

I'm just a little worried about using a pillow, it is under the top end of the mattress though. Has anyone else done this?

When Ethan had a cold, we propped up the end of the mattress with a pillow. It will be fine xx

Harry always used to get a stuffy nose when lying completely flat so we use a rolled up blanket. A pillow will be absolutely fine Hun :) xxx

I do this for Ella. I have a folded blanket under one end of the mattress. It's just folded over once for a really gentle incline though, as when it was too steep she got all scrunched up at the foot of the bed!

Rory has had a stuffy nose since Thurs night and webe done this with blankets. Its better for him so think it should be fine.

Thanks ladies, he was fine though it didn't help him sleep any better! We just have a big issue of him waking in the night for his first feed and then not settling back off for a good two hours!

I used to do this with Leo. In the end though I put him down during the day on his tummy to sleep and he slept like a log, so within 3 weeks, he slept at night on his tummy too, he was an amazing sleeper. I know it goes agaisnt the SIDS advice but he was grumpy a lot if he didn;t get enough sleep and as soon as he was down on his tummy he was a much happier baby. I just made sure I flipped him over if HV came to see us!

I used to do this with Leo. In the end though I put him down during the day on his tummy to sleep and he slept like a log, so within 3 weeks, he slept at night on his tummy too, he was an amazing sleeper. I know it goes agaisnt the SIDS advice but he was grumpy a lot if he didn;t get enough sleep and as soon as he was down on his tummy he was a much happier baby. I just made sure I flipped him over if HV came to see us!

This is what H is like, if I put him down on his front he settles no problem, so I've been doing it of a day but not of a night because I'm too scared.

We've had a much better night last night. H settled better after every feed and the only thing I've done different is cover him with a cellular blanket. I've panicked a bit that he'll be too hot so kept the fan on. But he's slept like a dream and only woke for feeds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back