propess induction...

kerry5a

Reaction score
Anyone been induced by propess? If so did it work and how long did it take? Thanks x

Last edited:
I got taken in to be induced by propess, it did not work for me at all, but it worked for a lot of other women in my ward. With a few of them it was only a matter of a few hours. I think it is different for everyone though x

I had the propess it was put in at 11.15am and by 4.30am I was in established labour and LO was born at 4.12 pm!

I was already 1.5-2cm dilated when they put it in.

What is this? I've never heard of it!

I was barely dilated when I had it put in at about 11am and had my first contraction at 8pm and was in established labour by 10am the next day and was fully dilated by 1pm. So it took a little over 24 hours.

I thought it was brilliant as it brought it all on naturally.

It's just a little tampon type thing (but a lot smaller) they put uni your cervix to soften it and bring in labour naturally. It's usually left in for 24 hours.

Thank you ladies! made me feel a lot better about it. They said after 6 hours I can go home if nothing has changed till the next morning... but I best take my bags with me just in case by the sounds of it!!!

heya, i was induced by propess, had it put in at 11am, broke my waters at 9:30pm and i delivered her at 11:30pm, so about 12 1/2 hours in all, and i wasn't dilated when they put it in, cervix was favourable, and i was only 2-3cm when they broke my waters so it all kicked off quite quick at the end! was really good though as it felt quite natural and didnt have to have a drip or anything :)

Thank you so much girls, I worrying that it wasn't going to work after the three days and would need a section...the one thing I really don't want. You have really helped making me feel better about it, esp that it still feels natural x

My advice would be keep active once it's in I went for walks round hospital and Bounced on birthing ball

They said I only have to stay there for 6 hours and if nothing has happened I can go home until the morning or something starts, so plan to do loads! Did you change into a nightie for the hospital bit or normal day wear?

I had it. I went in at 10am on the saturday, was checked 24 hours later and nothing had changed. Because the labour ward was super busy I wasn't taken to the delivery room until 6.30pm on the Sunday night, they managed to break my waters even though I was only 1cm dilated at most. Contractions started straight away. Was put on drip at about 8.30pm and had my baby at 3.44am on the monday. In my notes it said that I was in established labour for 3 hours 44 minutes which I don't agree with as I was pushing for 3 hours nearly!

cool beans, will take my bags with me then but re pack so I have a labour bag and a post labour bag... that way I can leave the big one in the car and just take the little one in, incase something does happen in the first 6 hrs... you ladies are great :)

although saying that...been having on and off back ache and pelvis pain all evening and feel a bit sick :shock: really don't fancy eating but going to give it a go, and then bath and tablets.
Not putting anything up in tri three yet as there are loads of labour watches this week and don't want to waste their time if it's just trapped wind or hopefull thinking lol ... but ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back